3

Hey guys, I just wanted to apologize. I know I was supposed to update this consistently but finals happened and I'm also moving so things have been busy. I promise I will get back to consistent updates once everything's settled. Thanks for your patience. For now, I have this for you:

It was probably about one in the morning when they had finished barricading. They had set up air mattresses and tried to sleep through the night, though none of them could sleep due to the eerie silence that filled the air. Even now the adrenaline still lingered in the atmosphere, and as Lance laid in his mattress, he could swear he heard faint muffled screams of people being eaten alive, torn to bits by the psychotic mobs. The sounds chilled his bones. But as he looked around at the eyes among him, he found that the others had not been startled by these horrid noises. Either they had gotten used to them, or it was simply all in Lance's head. It was almost three in the morning. Lance replayed the day's events in his head ad nauseam. He was still in shock. He couldn't believe he was laying on an air mattress in a Walmart in the middle of a mountain with three total strangers hiding from God knows how many cannibalistic cancer patients. Lance didn't know where his family was, he didn't even know if they were still alive. He had so much on his mind as it was, but now that there was an apocalypse to top it all off, he'd probably go insane. Lance couldn't take the silence anymore, he had to break it. So he spoke.

"Is anyone here actually sleeping?" He asked, his voice low. He didn't want to risk startling any creatures lingering outside. They were left alone by the patients for now, and he'd prefer it stay that way.

"Nope." Keith said.

"No." Said Coran.

"Allura's out cold, though," Keith half-whispered. "She's a heavy sleeper. Me, on the other hand," he put his arms behind his head. "I'm kinda an insomniac. I never really sleep. Coffee keeps me alive. How about you?"

"I usually don't have this much trouble sleeping." Lance said. "It's just that there's a lot of stuff stressing me out. This is a lot to take in, it happened so fast."

"Well then, it sounds like neither of us are getting sleep anytime soon. We should probably be productive." Keith raised his voice a little, still being cautious.

"How so?" Asked Lance.

"Well if we're in an apocalypse with things that are going to kill us without hesitation, we need protection-"

"Dude what good are condoms in this situation?"

Keith blinked astonishingly. "Wait are you serious? Are you actually that shallow?"

"No but your mom wasn't last night." Lance responded, weakly finger snapping in Keith's direction.

"My mom's dead." Keith said, suppressing an embarrassed laugh.

"Oh."

Lance and Keith began looking for a weapon shop.

Well, actually, Lance and Keith were standing on the roof of a Walmart in the middle of nowhere.

"Dude what do you expect to find out here? There's nothing for miles." Keith said, waving a flashlight around.

"No, but there might be something for Lance." He joked.

Keith shone the flashlight directly in Lance's eyes and laughed immaturely.