final notice

hey guys! i know i promised a new chapter, and with that i accidentally went on hiatus. i found that i didn't enjoy writing this fanfic as much as i used to. i always have and i still love, love, love zombies and zombie apocalypse settings. i just kind of became tired of voltron. i still love the show, and i will be watching the final season even though there is a large group of people that won't because they're salty about klance and shadam...

for me, the fandom of anything i like is a big part of whatever it actually is. it's the group that follows it, the group that loves it, the group that is inspired by it to create: whether they create art, literature, music, cosplay, or anything, really. what a fandom does for the thing that they love and how they respond to the actual thing and the people involved in it play a big part in how i view the thing and it's followers. i'm sure many of you can agree.

the voltron fandom is a blessing and a curse. there are wonderful authors, my favorite being Gibslythe, the author notorious for writing Dirty Laundry (which is my favorite fanfic ever and btw this author deserves the world for putting up with so much shit!!!). there are wonderful artists like ikimaru, amezure, littlestpersimmon, elentori, catnippackets, lutychan, i could go on forever honestly...
there's a truckload of theorists that are very good and pointing out details. there are cosplayers like thekanta, ji nie, skitsofanacts, cross connect cosplay, diebreado, sociallyawkwardcosplay, i could go on forever with these too...
but with the good comes the bad.
people have harassed innocent people over ship opinions that really don't matter. people have harassed artists and authors. people have sent death threats to several of the voice actors. someone held season three spoilers hostage in the hopes of getting canon klance. people threatening to legitimately kill themselves over the show. and no, it wasn't just millennial humor. it's gone too far. the only fandom i can think of that is worse than the voltron fandom is the creepypasta fandom. and in case you didn't know, the creepypasta fandom holds the record because two girls tried to stab their friend to death in the woods in the hopes of pleasing slenderman so they could become his proxies. it terrifies me that in my eyes, the voltron fandom holds second place to that.

unfortunately in this situation the good doesn't outweigh the bad so i'll just take the good art, good theories, and good literature and be on my way. because of everything that has happened i can no longer continue to write and actively take time out of my day to create things for a fandom that for the most part, doesn't deserve it. i'm sorry for those of you good souls who were looking forward to this chapter being a new addition to the story. and for those of you who are responsible for any of the negativity this that fandom is more than well known for: shame on you. you've ruined something great for not just me, but for a lot of other people. i hope you feel sorry for yourselves.