Accepting offers

Taehyung's P

Taehyung's P.O.V

Jungkook is too nice and too naive. I'm shocked he hasn't recognized me already. He's the first person to actually notice me and look directly at me. Most people cross the street without looking down at the boy begging for money. I'm grateful for that to be honest. If you're poor, people won't notice you, and if they don't notice you, they won't recognize you as Prince Kim Taehyung from Kingdom Evermore. I never came out in public when I was still living in the castle. Father, or rather the King, kept me locked up in my room for years, fearing I would get killed or get sick. I did get sick, from that life. I escaped and ran to the nearby kingdom to live as a beggar. The freedom was something new to me and I can't believe how much I love it. But now someone paid attention to me after all these years and I'm fearful he'll find out about my secret. I can't let that happen. I can't let my freedom get taken away.

"Taehyung?"

A soothing and calm voice I recognize as Jungkook calls out to me. He stands in the door way with a plate in one hand and a mug in another.

"How are you feeling?", he asks, catching my gaze and I try to look away but I'm captured by the dark eyes looking worriedly into mine.

I shrug and rub my eyes to keep them awake.

"I'm sorry for interrupting your sleep", he smiles sheepishly and sets down the plate on the nightstand.

I smile back shaking my head, as to say it's okay, and take the mug from him. He sits on the edge of the bed and looks at me while I drink the hot tea.

"Have you thought about my offer yet?", he asks. He sounds hopeful for some reason.

I shake my head. I swallow the hot liquid, internally cringing at the way it burns my throat.

"It's okay, take your time", he smiles, why is he always smiling, and hands me the plate full of food. I wonder if he stole it or bought it with stolen money. It's basically the same. We're basically the same. Both thieves running around with a big secret.

I widen my eyes. Wait. If he ever found out about my secret I could threaten him with his secret. When I get dragged back to the castle, he'll be hanged for being gay. So if I accept the offer there'll be almost no threat...

I nudge him to get his attention and nod my head excitedly.

"Why are you nodding like that?", he questions, eyebrows furrowed, "Are you accepting the offer?"

I keep nodding my head and munch on a piece of carrot.

"You will!?"

I nod even more to the extent that it hurts my neck.

"Great", he smiles widely but it falters soon after, "Wait... I only have one bed. Ah- I'll just sleep on the couch-"

I slap his arm and shake my head furiously.

"What? I won't let your sick ass sleep on the couch!", he frowns.

I shrug and point at us both and the bed.

"Sleep in the same bed? You know I'm gay right? You aren't scared I'll rape you at night and give you the homosexual disease?", he says it jokingly but I know it's a real question.

I roll my eyes and nod my head, "I-I trust you".

Okay that was a lie but I know he won't rape me. And if he does, I learnt a lot of fight techniques back at the castle. I can't use them in fights with more than one person like the boys who were kicking me on the street. But I do know how to kick someone in the balls.

I swear I see a faint blush spread on his cheeks but he coughs and turns his head away so I can't inspect it any further.

"Okay", he finally says, "That's settled then".

I nod and lay my head back on the pillow, feeling sleepier than ever.

"You slept for hours. It's now almost 1 am", he chuckles, tucking me in again. I throw him a questioning look.

"I go to sleep right away. I'm just gonna lock the door before Jimin barges in again", he smiles and walks out of the room, my eyes already drooping.

"Sleep tight Taehyung"