Trying our hardest

I stumbled upon a fanfic yesterday (bc yes i sometimes stalk my readers to find other vkook fanfics woops sorry) and IT NEEDS MORE APPRECIATION!!

It's called Perfectionist by ajarfullofkookies

Pls read it if you have the time!

Taehyung's P.O.V

Should I tell him?

No that'd be crazy.

But doesn't he deserve to know?

No, why should he deserve it after getting you almost raped!

But he couldn't help that could he?

He obviously has feuds with bad people.

But why though?

He hasn't told you his secret because he doesn't want to so you keep your mouth shut too.

But I've always kept my mouth shut. Isn't it time to trust someone?

Trust doesn't get you anywhere. Just keep your mouth shut and everything will be fine.

I guess you're right...

Sleeping with Jungkook wasn't that bad to begin with. He smells like vanilla and is very warm to cling onto. If only my stupid conscience would stop arguing with my heart so I could maybe finally fall asleep. The moon illuminates the room with a soft glow reflecting onto Jungkook's pale skin. His lips looks so kissable from this distance and I need to restrain myself from making out with his sleeping form.

Okay hormones, just stop with giving me stupid urges and let me sleep.

But my body doesn't want to work with my brain and starts spouting nonsense making me more insecure than I already was. Sighing, I unwrap my arms from Jungkook and slip out of the bed, glancing back at Jungkook to check if he's still sleeping.

He yawns and turns around while stretching like a cat. When I'm sure he isn't awake I tip toe out of the room and close the door softly.

I slide down against the door and hold my head in my hands. Why is my heart beating like this? I really shouldn't feel like this but Jungkook is doing all these things to my heart which makes it react like this.

Stupid Jungkook with his stupid handsome face and stupid feelings.

"Taehyung?"

I almost jump ten feet in the air by the sudden appearance of Jungkook. I hadn't realized the door had bumped against me and he's peeking between the gap at me.

"You startled me", I breathe heavily, clutching my heart.

"What are you doing here?", he sounds worried and I wonder if he thought I got kidnapped or something. Does he have many people who hate him? Am I in big danger by being his... friend?

"I couldn't sleep", I smile half-heartedly.

"Why?"

I let him slip between the gap and he sits down beside me.

"I guess I was just lost in thought...", I mumble, resting my chin on my hand.

"About?"

I snicker and face him with a small smile, "What's with all the question tonight?"

He shrugs while smiling back at me, "I'm curious that's all... and maybe a bit worried".

"Worried? Why?"

"Now you're the one asking questions", he points out and I shrug.

"I'm just curious", repeating his former words.

He averts his eyes and stares out of the window, into the dark night. He sighs deeply and I wonder what's bothering him. His hands fumble with his pajama shorts, only now realizing he isn't actually wearing a shirt. How did I not notice this in bed? Well... Maybe I should look the other way. This is not good for my hormonal urges.

"Do you think we'll ever be able to be honest to each other?"

I'm snapped out of my dirty minded thoughts and focus back on the situation we're in.

"I honestly have no clue", I give him a lopsided grin.

All of a sudden he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers, making my heart beat at an unhealthy pace.

"I want to be honest with you but I don't know if you could ever accept me as I am", he sighs, sliding his thumb across my hand. I smile down at our intertwined hands and lick my lips nervously.

"I have the same problem".

"Do you think we would work out with these secrets in the way?", he finds my gaze and holds it, staring deeply in my eyes to the extent I feel like I'm drowning.

"Maybe if we try hard enough", I smile nervously, pulling his hand so he falls a bit forward in my direction. He gets the hint and leans in, tasting my lips on his. I put my free hand on his cheek and move our lips in sync, determined to savor every detail.

"Did we try hard enough?", he pants as he leans his forehead against mine.

"I think we'll need to try some more", I grin cheekily and smash our lips together again.

Fuck restraining myself.

I'm giving in.