Chapter 5

Karmas POV
It was mid-afternoon and the sun shone hot rays of light on my face. I had decided to actually come to training today, it was the first day of proper training with Asano and well, I didn't exactly trust Asano around Nagisa. They'd been acting way too friendly with each other lately, it was worrying at the very least.

Not that I was being possessive, Nagisa can have any friend he wants, just not Asano. I'd seen the way he looked at me yesterday by the pool and I didn't like it one bit, acting as though he was better than me. Also the way he looked at Nagisa was unforgivable. Him jut being here made me feel uncomfortable.

"So Karasuma-sensei said that we'd be practising assassination techniques for this lesson"

My head lifted from where it had been resting back on my folded hands. Nagisa was here, finally. I got up and saw that he had Asano with him. Asano was looking at Nagisa in rapt attention that sent a sickening feeling to my stomach.

I was about to go over when I was interrupted by Karasuma's familiarly calm and collected voice.

"Today we will be practising assassinating each other. There's twenty seven of us so I want you to spit up into groups of three and begin. Two people will stand on the mats while one will try to assassinate the other student while the remaining person will watch and judge the assassination and give any tips or suggestions that they deem are necessary, you've done this before, try to.behave" he ordered.

My eyes instantly found their way over to Nagisa and I strutted over to him. "What's he doing here?" I asked irritated gesturing with my chin.

"Oh he's my partner for this lesson, would you like to join us?" Nagisa asked sweetly looking up at me with his blue eyes.

I nodded in assent despite the revulsion I felt towards the chairman's son."so what is he replacing Kayano now?" I asked teasingly.

"Replacing? no that's not what I'm trying to do" he replied anxiously.

"Relax, I won't tell your girlfriend you don't need her friendship anymore" I taunted.

"Girlfriend?" Nagisa and Asano asked in unison not unlike what had happened to me and Nagisa before.

"Kayano's not my girlfriend, honestly I only kissed her once and I apologised for it, we've been over this" Nagisa whined adorably.

I laughed sarcastically "come on let's begin I can't wait to kill him" I uttered sinisterly.

"Ok you two go first and I'll watch" Nagisa said walking over to sit on the side of the mat.

I smirked at Asano "I'm going to try to kill you first, turn around and close your eyes you know the drill" I sing-songed he did just that and I quickly ran over to the bushes. Nagisa indicated to him that I was ready and Asano immediately opened his eyes and entered a defensive stance. He spun around looking for me.

Eventually I spotted my opportune moment when he was looking in Nagisa's direction away from me. I crept over there with my knife and mimicked putting it through his head "you lost" I taunted.

"My turn" was all he said before I closed my eyes.

"Ok Karma-kun he's ready" Nagisa mumbled with his soft voice. I looked around at my surrounding area he didn't seem to be in the bushes and the only other place to hide was near the other students but I'd be able to see him there. A sudden rustling caused me to look up at the tree above me just as Asano dropped onto me.

I managed to roll out of the way but he wildly slashed at me with his knife I managed to dodge all of his attempts. I smirked tauntingly at him causing his eyes to narrow and his grip on his knife tightened. Good he was going to become overcome with rage which would cause his movements to become sloppy.

He wildly swung his knife out at me when a familiar squeal caused both of us to look over to the maker of the sound. I froze but Asano who was leaning over towards me lost his balance and accidentally touched the knife to my stomach. He looked at me to the knife in shock before a grin of his own appeared on his face "I won" He boasted.

I ignored him "Nagi-kun what's wrong?" I asked concerned for the bluenette. He simply shook his head before getting up and bounding over to a tree and climbing up it with ease he clambered along the branch.

Asano and I were so engrossed in what he was doing we didn't seem to think about why he was doing it. Until we looked closer and saw a tiny kitten curled up in his hands. He dropped lithely onto the ground and set the kitten free before coming back over

"First of all Asano-san you should always be paying attention, secondly, don't let your anger overtake you it prevents an efficient assassination and lastly, don't rely on luck to take out your opponent and don't make noise when sneaking up on them" Nagisa explained acting as though the prior incident hadn't happened at all. Asano stood looking astonished.

Nagisa turned to me "Karma-kun, you can't rely on luck either, you should also be aware of you surroundings and not be distracted by little things" he rambled off sounding like a professional assassination teacher.

"Are you calling yourself a little thing?" I asked the corners of my mouth turning up in amusement.

"What-no of course I-well-I-guess-sorta oh shut up Karma" he exclaimed shifting uncomfortably on the spot looking very flustered.

A small chuckle escaped my mouth "why don't you two assassinate each other this time" I suggested trying to subtly change the subject for Nagisa. He eyed me suspiciously but nodded.

I sat down in the spot Nagisa had previously occupied and prepared to watch the show.

Thanks for reading yet another chapter of mine hope you enjoyed some tame Karma and Asano fighting.

Howtobeafangirl101
XOXO