Chapter 6

Asano's POV
I looked at the small boy in front of me and knew that despite my thorough martial arts training and my hatred of losing that I'd go easy on him. "Ok you can try to assassinate me first don't worry I'll go easy on you" I teased playfully.

I turned around and caught a glimpse of Karma's face. Even when my eyes were closed I kept seeing his expression over and over in my mind,why was he smirking so confidently? he wouldn't want Nagisa to get hurt, which he obviously would if I unleashed my full potential, so why was he looking so excited as though he knew something I didn't?

"Asano" Karma's voice rang out and I took this as my sign to open my eyes. I quickly spun around taking in my surroundings and was perplexed to see Nagisa standing there waiting patiently at the end of the mats. My fists went up and my knees bent slightly in a defensive stance.

I examined him closely there was nothing unusual except for the spare knife he kept at his side probably for extra protection. Maybe he just wanted to get this over with like I did.

I relaxed at this realisation and stood up keeping my hands lingering in the air halfheartedly. I watched him ready to see him make a move.

When he, smiled. A sweet Nagisa smile, his eyes lit up and I felt tingles run through my body he looked adorable. Wait, what? No he wasn't adorable, he was trying to assassinate me.

He started to stroll towards me confidently and I absentmindedly dropped my hands to my side.

Soon, he stood right in front of me and it took me a moment to realise he was still brandishing his second knife.

I felt a prickle on the back of my neck and knew that some of the other students were watching. I liked Nagisa but I couldn't be made into a fool and allow him to defeat me but I was merciful I would just take his knife swiftly and it would all be over.

Nagisa swung for me with the knife and I reached out to grab it right before it made contact, when he, dropped it. I stared startled, was he giving up?. I blinked in confusion and suddenly couldn't see Nagisa.

A hard material was placed against my Adam's apple but what I was really concentrating on were the slender white fingers placed by the side of neck, the coolness contrasting drastically with the heat from my body. I gulped hardly. "Gotcha" Nagisa muttered into the shell of my ear sending shocks throughout my body and my eyes fluttered from the pleasant feeling.

Nagisa removed himself from my back and I stood surprised at the sudden cold once again. "Nagisa, well done just don't waste impressive techniques on idiot like that" Karma told Nagisa grinning like a fool.

He turned to me and the joyful expression morphed into one of a dark origin I felt a shiver of fear run down my spine "as for you, you're useless don't even bother" he snarled a dark light entering his eyes. I took a step back alarmed.

"We don't have that much time left" Nagisa commented loftily. Karma turned to me a confident smirk on his face. "Asano won't mind if we just do it now, maybe he can see how two professionals do it besides he'd be too embarrassed to actually try to take you on Nagi-kun" Karma asked Nagisa but looking me dead in the eye as though daring me to object.

I cleared my throat awkwardly "I'll just watch" I agreed sitting down crosslegged on the mat.

"Don't even bother trying to sneak up on me we should just get into the fighting. You up for a round two Nagi-chan?" Karma asked winking twirling his knife in his hands with ease. Nagisa nodded eagerly and drew his knife.

A wolf whistle pierced the air as the two began to circle each other. A blonde haired girl Nakamura sat next to me "this will be interesting" she mused. "Why" I questioned looking at her.

"Because the last time they did this-well it didn't turn out the best" Iosagai answered sitting down on my other side. I did wonder for a moment why those two fighting garnered such attention from the others but they were probably just finished their own practise and bored. I shook my head to clear it from my thoughts and leaned forward to watch the fight with renewed interest, glad that not all my new classmates hated me.

Karma lunged for Nagisa first but Nagisa easily sidestepped, the jabbing towards Karma with his own knife but Karma managed to block and push him away. Nagisa stumbled back and Karma took that opportunity to swipe the knife at Nagisa who jumped backwards and was hit in the chest with an unsuspecting punch from Karma which made him fall sprawled out on the floor. His knife having been flung from his grasp and landed a few metres behind him.

He reached for his knife but Karma jabbed the knife downwards and he rolled out of the way ending up with Karma between him and his knife. Karma prowled towards him a lazy smirk gracing his face as Nagisa meekly brought his fists up.

Karma swung for Nagisa but he missed. Karma began to release a furious torrent of punches which Nagisa struggled to block or dodge resulting in a few punches to his delicate face.

Karma reeled his arm back and propelled his arm foreword so fast that it knocked Nagisa so the floor again. Karma stabbed down again but Nagisa swept his foot right under karma's and the redhead fell backwards a loud thud as he landed hard on the mats.

Nagisa pounced on top of him and eagerly grasped for Karma's knife but Karma threw it backwards not wanting to let him have it leaving them both knifeless. Karma tried to crawl towards the knife but Nagisa had preempted the situation and clung to Karma's arms and legs making it difficult for him to move. His arm was restrained and and Nagisa's legs were wrapped around his.

Karma rolled his eyes and put a hand behind his head and shot a smirk my way obviously enjoying the situation.

I saw Nagisa reach for the side of his pants and I realised that he must have replaced his knife from earlier as he placed it right over Karma Akabane's heart.

I don't know why I like the last paragraph so much. But thanks for reading this chapter.

Just finished reading the manga and I realised how similar that fight was to the one they had over Koro-sensei which is quite ironic because I wasn't even aware of it then. Maybe I'm psychic?.

By the way, you might want to pay some attention to the honorific terms I use. (please tell me if I use them wrongly) almost everybody calls Nagisa, Nagisa or Nagi with Kun on the end. Including Koro-sensei, he calls everybody else san though.

Howtobeafangirl101
XOXO