Chapter Eight

so just to astray away from the smut a lil bit i thought id post up this fluffy chapter,, think of it as a very late valentines day gift xD

---

The walk back to his house that he had missed during the summer was a rather silent one, although it was a very soothing increment. Jeongguk got out his keys and unlocked the door to the house, Taehyung standing behind him. Lugging his suitcase into the area, Jeongguk shook off his shoes and placed them carefully into the shoe rack. With one strong arm, he lifted up the suitcase with ease over his head, looking behind to the other who was staring at him, stunned in awe at how he picked it up so smoothly.

"Let's go back to my room," Jeongguk exclaimed, already stepping up the stairs in a broad fashion. Taehyung scuttled after him in obedience, flopping himself onto the alpha's bed and sniffing the scent layered all throughout the room in bliss. He curled himself under the cotton blankets, tucking his chin under the fabric and peering up over at the latter. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm unpacking my things. I want it to be fully gone before we go out somewhere," the other boy replied, unloading his clothes. Oh shit, don't take the bottom pile out. Do not take it out.

"Hmm," Taehyung began, jutting out his bottom lip and thinking, "How about we get a celebratory cake? For your shift as an alpha?" Clasping his hands excitedly, he jumped up to Jeongguk's face. Their faces were only a few inches apart, but Taehyung didn't seem to care about the close proximity. Jeongguk inaudibly gulped, focusing on his friend who had gotten unfairly more good-looking after his turn of being an omega. Tentatively, he nodded his head and sped up the process of packing away his clothes, leaving the bottom pile unattended.

Taehyung noticed this, furrowing his eyebrows at the zipped up luggage in the corner of the room. "Gukkie, why'd you leave that out? You still had clothes in there," he licked his lips out of habit, gripping onto the blankets below him. Jeongguk had suddenly found the ceiling to be so interesting, blushing and attempting to not sneak a glance at his friend.

"Umm, I don't feel like putting away the rest," he lied. Standing up, he held out his hand for Taehyung to take. As he slotted his hand into the other's hand, he tugged the other boy up in one slick movement, causing Taehyung to yelp as he was yanked into the embrace of Jeongguk's arms. Jeongguk cunningly smirked, leaning into his ear to whisper, "What, alpha too big for you, little omega?"

Taehyung snapped out of his firm hold with a flushed face, slapping Jeongguk on the arm and sticking out his tongue. "You evil meanie! Don't touch me like that!"

Jeongguk laughed breathlessly, wrapping an arm around Taehyung's shoulders before dragging him out for the celebratory cake.

Out in the fresh breeze of the still summery air, the pair happily walked to the coffee shop located a few blocks away from their street. Jeongguk had already known he looked quite handsome with his brown hair that was swept into a high parted fringe, paired his sharp and fierce looks, but he never realized that he would get this much attention from omegas and betas alike. In the fifteen minutes it took to travel to the shop, there were a few omegas and betas eyeing his figure up and down and attempting to go up to him.

"Hey alpha, can I have your number?" a beta girl with shoulder length hair asked. She was wearing loads of makeup caked onto her face and it made Jeongguk disgusted. Taehyung was shifting uncomfortably by his side, making him feel guilty and angry at the admirers for making him feel that way.

"No," Jeongguk said boldly, glaring at the people who were not-so-secretively ogling him, "Can't you see that I'm busy?" He intertwined his hand with Taehyung's, hurrying up the pace to get to the shop. He found a two-people table area in the lounge of the shop, making sure that he was seated in front of him. He sighed and apologized for the admirers. Taehyung scoffed. "Gukkie, you're too attractive and everyone thinks you're the perfect and ideal alpha, no wonder they're all chasing you around."

Jeongguk patted his friend on the head, moving over to the seat next to him, sidling up to him and hugging him, inhaling his scent. "Taehyung, I don't like any of them or find them at all my type, so I'm not going to make our time ruined because of this. We should ignore them. Now let's order."

Jeongguk ordered a cake of a decent portion, it consisting of four layers that alternated between light chocolate choux crème and dark chocolate chunks of moist cake. There was a heap of whipped cream drizzling down the sides, making the treat seem absolutely delectable. Jeongguk prodded a piece onto his fork and spooned some into the other's mouth, trying to get all of the layers on. "Good?" he asked.

"Mhm, it taschtes amajingg!" Taehyung beamed with his mouth full. Jeongguk smiled back and watched the other enjoy the cake with a fond and endearing look etched onto his features. To any outsider, they'd certainly seem like a couple, with the way Jeongguk has his arm wrapped around the other, gleaming at the way he would see him stuff his face full of the decadent treat. With the way his eyes would sparkle and his breath would cling onto every word the other would utter, listening in attentively like he'd vanish if he hadn't done so. Mouth curling up around the edges, nose occasionally burying itself in the crook of the omega's neck, inhaling more of his scent.

Unfortunately, Taehyung would pass it off as friendship, or at the most, some sort of skinship. Nothing existed between the pair, and they were both aware of that.

But why was the omega suddenly so entranced by the alpha?

---

hope u enjoyed this chappie !!