Chapter Twelve

Taehyung woke up the next morning with a dull throbbing pain in his head and the urge to regurgitate all of the alcohol he intook yesterday night. Must be the hangover.

He could still remember all of the events that went down at Jinyoung's party yesterday night, the memories definitely not helping with his aching body that was hurting physically and mentally.

He was still adamantly disappointed at Jeongguk but blamed it on himself for lashing out on the alpha like that. He probably didn't like me anyways, our friendship is going to demolish and he's going to avoid me now and leave me for Eunha who is so much more pretty and worthwhile-

"Hey, you awake Tae?" Jimin's voice hollered out in the confines of the room. Taehyung sighed.

"My head hurts like hell and I'm still upset, but I can manage." Jimin could only nod in understanding, giving Taehyung a mental pat in his head.

"You know you can talk to me about anything, alright? How about we go shopping today to cheer you up?" He asked, attempting to boost up the distraught omega's behavior. He knew the latter had a thing for buying stuff, considered as a hobby or past-time, so he thought that maybe that idea could work. Taehyung buried his face in his sheets.

Discontent was practically clawing at his insides, forcing him to curl up into a ball of sadness. Jimin heard the rustling of his covers, plopping himself down next to Taehyung and gently rubbing his sides.

"Mmm, okay Chimchim. But only for you." Rolling over on his stomach, he reached for his phone that was on his bedside table and saw over fifty-seven texts and missed calls from none other than, Jeongguk.

Huffing and slamming the phone onto his bed, he decided to get ready and make himself look hot. Fuck this, Jeongguk's gonna regret tapping this ass. If he didn't like me in the first place, then so be it. I'll speak with him tomorrow.

Stepping into the bathroom with a new change of clothes, he gasped at his reflection in the mirror. Fuck, I look shitfaced. Lathering his lithe body with warm water and an unscented body wash, he wanted to spoil himself after everything that went down prior to him stumbling home last night and crying. This meant he would stay petty and not respond to any of Jeongguk's messages.

Cleaning his face of any residue of dirt and oil, he felt slightly re-energized and better about himself. Walking out and ruffling his hair with a t-shirt for drying, definitely not one of Jeongguk's white ones, he changed into his clothes and applied a little bit of makeup consisting of eyeliner and lip gloss.

Hearing Jimin wolf-whistle in satisfaction made him spin his body around. Jimin threw an arm around the omega and whispered, "Damn, you look good as fuck." Backing away, "Jeongguk is a bitch, you're way too good for him Taetae. Let's go and have fun today, forget about him." Taehyung's lips pressed together firmly. Yeah, forget about him.

Jimin already seemed to have dressed up for the day. He threw Taehyung his Gucci wallet and they tied on some of their Converse shoes, opting to immediately head out after putting them on.

They padded down the hallway with footsteps resonating against the floor. Taehyung and Jimin went down the elevator and headed into the city, completely avoiding the quarters belonging to the alphas.

The whole day was full of delight and joy, Taehyung and Jimin venturing out into a local mall to just go window shopping and observe the atmosphere.

Taehyung managed to purchase a new oversized sweater from Gucci and it made him feel content, but there was still a staggering pain lodged into his heart. Even the shopping couldn't help disregard the negative feeling he had within himself.

They both ended up getting some ice cream bars, even though the season was nearing winter, and ate the desserts while advancing through the mall area. Taehyung got exhausted so fast.

He whined. He wanted to go home and fall asleep so the day could just speed up. Besides, it was already 9PM anyway.

Jimin must've sensed this, raising an eyebrow and patting his friend's shoulder. "Hey, wanna go? It's getting pretty late Tae."

Taehyung nodded his head. Together they returned back into the grounds of the campus, the omega rooming area. Taehyung instantly took off his clothes and brought out some sweatpants and a thin cotton shirt to wear for sleep.

Jimin lied down in his own bed, switching off the light and placing his head on his pillow.

He took one last glance at Taehyung who was already letting out soft snores, clearly sleeping already.

He turned to face the dark ceiling, heaving out a deep breath.

He only wanted the best for Taehyung.

-

If only Jeongguk could describe his pent up emotions right now. Yes, he was feeling many things, sadness, anger, regret, but most of all, guilt.

It was eating him up and clawing its way through his system, turning him into some sort of lovesick monster. Ever since the incident of yesterday night, Jeongguk couldn't stop chaining himself up and considering his actions as horrid.

As dumb as a fool, Jeongguk had been thinking about nothing but Taehyung, to the point where he locked himself up in his own room and did not step out once.

Jackson had obviously been concerned, knocking on the door every few hours and checking up on the alpha to see if he was okay, yet there was no response every time.

Luckily the walls were soundproof, otherwise Jackson would've heard the sounds of ripped pillows, broken wood, and nasty snarls being thrown into the air. Jeongguk had demolished everything in his presence from his anger.

He had sent his 118th message to Taehyung but the latter had still not picked up. Or read any of his messages.

Slamming the back of his head against the wall and sliding down in misery, he let out a weak huff. Moments after, his body was shaking up and a few wrecked sobs came spewing out of his mouth.

He let out a frustrated growl and banged his head harshly. Pulling his knees up to his body and wrapping his arms protectively around himself like a cage, he was finally in deep, proper thought.

Lost in his own mind, he tried coming up with ways of apologizing formally to Taehyung instead of letting his wolf instincts take over. He desperately wanted to make it up to the latter, act sincere and gentleman-like to earn back his forgiveness.

Jeongguk didn't know why Taehyung seeing him kiss Eunha on the lips troubled him so much. It irked him like a prick of a needle stabbing into his arm. The mere image in his head made him feel extremely uncomfortable and troubled. He didn't want his omega to think that he was a cheater or a liar.

But there was also the fact that he and Taehyung were never together in the first place. Clearly the omega had some feelings for him too, otherwise he wouldn't have lashed out at the party and avoided him.

I'll stop by his dorm to apologize tomorrow. The idea sounded good enough to Jeongguk. He would do it properly, bring some flowers and some of Taehyung's favorite Godiva chocolates, just for him.

Sending his final text message, he realized it was nearing midnight. Should go sleep now so I could wake up early to go to Tae's? Yeah, I should.

Slipping into his dilapidated wooden bed and crumpled up bedsheets, Jeongguk fell into a nice slumber, dreaming of what would occur tomorrow.

Unfortunately to him, not all things went as he planned.

---

wink wonk