Chapter Nine

this is kinda like a filler chapter so the impending drama will come

---

A wet, splotchy kiss was implanted onto his forehead by none other than his mother. Jeongguk openly winced and sighed, but deep down he was somber at the fact that he wouldn't see his parents at all until winter break. His mother dramatically wiped a fake tear and put her hands onto Jeongguk's shoulders with a firm hold, scarlet red lips pressed into a thin line.

"My baby is finally growing up, I can't believe this is finally happening," she exclaimed hoarsely. Jeongguk chuckled and hugged his mom, telling her that she would probably be glad that he was gone. His father cracked a proud smile, ruffling his son's hair eagerly.

"Man, I still remember the times when you were little and chasing around Taehyung. And now look at you, all muscle and bone. Jeongguk, I want you to not only keep track of yourself, but make sure to keep an eye on Taehyung too. Wouldn't want any alphas getting near him, especially since he's newly turned and more vulnerable," his father said, face turning solemn. Jeongguk nodded his head in affirmation. Course they won't.

His eyes crinkled in delight as the chauffeur his parents called for pulled up against the sidewalk of the street. He could see all of his stuff packed compactly into the interior part of the limousine's trunk. Strolling down the steps and opening the trunk of the vehicle, he placed his suitcase in by himself and stood waiting for Taehyung to arrive.

"Jeonggukie!" His head shot up at the sound of his name being called by none other than Taehyung who was running in glee to the vehicle. The omega's sweet scent lay pleasantly in the brimming of the semi-hot air, thrumming nicely in Jeongguk's nostrils. Lifting up the latter's suitcase with one hand, he briskly placed it into the vacant spot of the trunk. He spotted Taehyung's belongings already in the back of the car as well, closing the trunk and turning to Taehyung.

"Let's go," he said, grabbing a hold of the omega's hand and waving goodbye to his parents. "Bye!" Taehyung yelped out, getting into the seat next to Jeongguk who made his way into the car. Shutting the door, he buckled in his seatbelt and proceeded to lay his head on Jeongguk's shoulder, eyes fluttering in content. The limousine began to drive off, Jeongguk's parents staring even after its departure.

"When do you think that boy is gonna grow some balls?" Mr. Jeon asked, trotting back to the house with his wife. Mrs. Jeon heaved and shook her head. "I don't know, but it better be soon. I want Taehyung to be in our family."

-

The drive to SNU wasn't as long as the boys had anticipated. Taehyung had fallen asleep on Jeongguk's shoulder as he was playing a round of Candy Crush on his phone. The chauffeur stopped the vehicle at the entrance of the university and said, "Jeongguk-ssi, we're here," snapping Jeongguk out of his eleventh round of the game.

"Ahh, thank you," he replied, shaking the sleeping boy on his shoulder. "Tae, wake up, we're here."

Taehyung whined, clinging onto Jeongguk's shirt and fisting it under his hands. Jeongguk's breath hitched at the adorable sight but he didn't have time to waste. He bent over to unlock the door himself, lifting the sleeping boy up into a bridal carry and headed out the car, not before thanking the driver once again.

He placed the boy on his two feet and made sure he was somewhat standing up, collecting both of their things and setting them down onto the ground. After finishing, he closed the trunk and gave a thumbs up to the driver to go, the limousine taking off shortly.

Taehyung seemed to wake up then, eyes snapping open in surprise. "We're here? Already?" Jeongguk rolled his eyes. "I woke you up a few minutes ago and you still kept sleeping. Here are your things." Moving the pile over to Taehyung, he found a moving cart in the distance and used it to hold his belongings. Taehyung got his own too, the pair proceeding to try to find their assigned dorm areas.