chapter eleven

I stood in front of the large house confused, while checking my phone to make sure Grayson had texted me the right place. My eyes drifted from the phone, and back up to the mansion that I was about to enter. I tried to push open the gate, stopping when it wouldn't budge. I realised that I had to click a button and call to be allowed to enter.
Once I called the gates opened, revealing the most beautiful front garden. It looked so posh and fancy, the way everything was organised. I reached the front door, pressing the doorbell cautiously as I listened to the music being played from the inside. While I waited for someone to answer I looked at the driveway, that five different cars were parked in. I didn't even know that one driveway could store five cars. All of the vehicles were extremely fancy, two of which being Lamborghini's. I knew one was Grayson's, as the registration plate almost spelled out his name with a combination of numbers. Half of the cars down the road were all expensive looking, and I knew that this wasn't an ordinary friendly gathering. Suddenly the door swung, pulling me from my thoughts.
" name please? " a man asked, holding up an IPad while watching me intently.
" Isabella Montasso.... " I said awkwardly, as he scanned through what was probably a guest list, stopping halfway.
He stepped out of the way for me, opening the door wider which gave me the perfect view of the house. It was definitely the biggest house I'd ever been in, with different butlers and waiters serving drinks and mini bites to eat everywhere you went.
" thank you " I smiled, stepping inside and clutching my purse close to my hip, trying my best to fit in with each rich looking guest.
Music played throughout the house, not too loud but at a noticeable volume. I smiled at everyone as I wondered around aimlessly, desperately trying to find Grayson or even Ethan.

I made my way outside into the back garden, even more guests in the outdoor seating area socialising with one another while sipping on champagne. I took in the view from the outside, smiling at the hills and trees you could see in the distance. This whole house was beautiful, and definitely a very rich neighbourhood. I felt a hand on my lower back, making my breath hitch before I swivelled around. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw it was Grayson, who looked me up and down closely. As he stared at me in awe, I took the time to look at his outfit. He was wearing a black tux, with his hair styled to perfection. Mainly all of the men here were wearing tuxes, but Grayson stole the show.
" y-you look... " Grayson stuttered, struggling to find the words.
I blushed, looking down at the ground before he lifted my chin up with his finger, smiling and placing a soft kiss on my cheek.
" you look outstanding " He finished off, whispering it into my ear ever so seductively.
I shivered at the feeling of his hot breath fanning across my neck, and his plump lips being so close to my skin... what is this boy doing to me?
He looked up, his eyes scanning across my face and ending up on my lips. He started to lean down, as I stood on my tiptoes slightly, desperate to break the distance between us and kiss him. We were so close, until someone laughed loudly from further away, scaring me and causing me to jump back. Grayson rolled his eyes at the cliche disturbance, before smiling lightly.
" that's my aunt Marissa, her laugh sounds like a fucking seal " Grayson chuckled, making me laugh too.
I decided to forget about the fact that we'd almost kissed, as much as I didn't want too, and bring up a conversation.
" you didn't tell me you lived in a place like this... " I chuckled, as he moved his hands down to my waist and shrugged, still looking down on me considering the height difference.
" I didn't want you to like me for my families money... I mean it's no secret, we have money but I don't want that to change anything " Grayson explained, and I nodded.
" your house is amazing, Gray " I complimented, as he smiled a little.
" my mom will love you even more if you compliment the house... she designed it " Grayson beamed, never moving his hands from my sides.
" Is she an interior designer? " I asked in shock.
" yeah, she designs houses all over the county, even in different places around the world... she's pretty well known in the designing industry " Grayson said, and I nodded.
" what does your dad do? " I asked.
" he's a businessman, who probably seems pretty scary but trust me, he'll love you " Grayson smiled, taking my hand and guiding me back inside towards the kitchen.
Grayson stopped as we reached a man and woman, who looked extremely formal and well dressed. They turned around, greeting their son with a hug before smiling at me widely.
" is this Isabella? " His mom asked, her grin never leaving.
" yeah, Isabella this is my mom and dad " Grayson introduced, as I said hello.
" call me Lisa, honey... you're such a gorgeous girl, Grayson was right " Lisa chuckled, making me blush lightly at the thought of Grayson talking about me.
" I'm Sean, lovely to meet you Isabella... " Sean said, before telling us he had to rush off to help a work partner.
We chatted with Lisa for a while before heading back outside towards one of the outdoor seating areas, since Grayson said that there were some people he wanted me to meet.