✿ seven ✿

Dean knew something was wrong the instant him and sam approached his apartment.

The door was wide open with droplets of blood on the floor in front of it. dean shot his brother a panicked look.

"cas?!" dean yelled. his heart was pounding through his chest, he had to find cas and noah. they had to be okay.

Dean then spotted a strange man who stood tall in the entrance of the hall.

"where the hell is cas?!" dean ordered.

"your pathetic boy toy has locked himself in the room down the hall along with my son" the man snarled.

Dean was taken aback. this son of a bitch was noah's other father? "yeah, well, you lost the right to be that kids father the minute you laid a hurtful finger on cas! i'm more of a father to noah than you ever will! and i'm gonna make sure you never see him again!"

Dick growled as he lunged at dean and tackled him to the ground.

"dean!" sam yelled as he tried to drag dick off of his brother, but dick kicked back hitting the younger brother right in the stomach sending him to the ground.

Dean then managed to flip them over so dick was now on the ground. dean straddled the man and placed two punches to either sides of his face. which made dick go unconscious.

Dean stood and turned to his brother, who seemed to still be in shock.

"you alright?"

"uh, y-yeah" sam said as he picked himself up off the floor "you should go to cas and noah, i'll call the cops"

Dean nodded then ran to noah's room at the end of the hall.

it broke his heart that he could hear cas whimpering and noah crying.

Dean tapped on the door gently. "cas? can you open the door for me, baby?"

"d-dean?"

"yeah, baby, it's me. don't worry me and sammy took care of that asshat. i just need to know if you guys are okay"

There was a long pause, but then he heard the door start to unlock. the door didn't open all the way though, he heard cas back away as the door was left open a crack.

Dean pushed open the door gently and entered the room.

He felt his heart shatter when he daw cas curled up in the far corner by the window.

There were dried tears staining cas' cheeks, and his head was down possessively over noahs.

He crouched down in front of  cas, hoping he would look up at him.

"cas, please don't be scared anymore. that son of a bitch is gone, and i'll never let him near you guys ever again. i promise"

Cas tilted his head up to look at dean, "h-he wanted to t-take n-noah" he stuttered. "he s-said im to to p-pathetic to be a-a p-parent"

Dean could only stare sadly at cas. "hey, i told you last night, noah loves you. you're an amazing father, cas. don't let that assholes words get to you"

Cas didn't respond, he sniffled and started to rub gentle circles into noah's back"

"cas, can i look at noah? just wanna make sure he's okay"

Cas hesitated for moment before holding noah out for dean to take him.

"c'mere buddy," dean cooed, taking noah into his arms. "i'm gonna take him to sam, ok? i'll be right back"

Cas nodded, bring his knees up to his chest and buried his head in them.

Dean left the room and found sam heading towards them.

"he gained consciousness just as the cops got here. they took him but they wanna talk to you and cas later"

Dean nodded, "will you watch noah while i take care of cas?"

"yeah, of course"

Dean gave his brother a grateful smile, handing noah to him before turning and hurrying back to cas.

When he got back, cas was sobbing again.

"cas, please look at me" dean said soothingly, kneeling down beside him.

Cas raised his head to look at dean, wiping his tears.

"baby! your hand!" dean said, examining cas' bruised knuckles.

cas winced when dean rubbed over them. "i-it's fine. i'm just glad your here" he mumbled.

"damn right, and i'm not going anywhere" dean assured. "are you hurt anywhere else?" cas shook his head.

Dean sighed with relief and pulled cas to rest against him and placed a kiss on top of his head.

Cas wrapped his arms around dean's waist and rested his head against dean's chest.

"i love you" cas whispered.

Dean smiled, "i love you too"