❀ eight ❀

dean noticed that over the next few days cas has been distant. he seemed to have lost all confidence in himself as a parent. he was always hesitant whenever noah started crying and would hand the baby over to dean.

dean tried to talk to him about it but cas would just change the subject. it hurt dean that he couldn't help the person he loved.

dean woke up one evening to the sound of noah whimpering in his crib. dean rolled over to find the space next to him empty, dean sighed, rubbing his tired eyes before getting up and went to noahs crib.

"its ok buddy, i'm here" he said as he picked up the squirming baby, rocking him gently. "i know your papa has been upset and i think thats making you upset, huh? well, i know that no matter what your papa loves you very, very much" he placed a soft kiss on noahs head."com'on lets go find 'im"

dean carried noah to the living room and they found cas curled up on the couch. he had his knees up to his chest with his arms wrapped around them as he stared out the window.

"cas?"

he turned to look at him and noah, "hello, dean"

he went to sit next to cas with noah squirming on his chest, "hey, noah is pretty fussy, i think he misses you"

cas remained silent but he could see tears welling up in his eyes. "cas, baby, don't let dick destroy what you have with noah. you aren't a pathetic parent. you have not let noah down. he loves you so much that hes upset because he misses you. i miss being with you too"

tears were soon rolling down cas' face as he took noah from dean. he peppered kisses all over his sons face. "i'm so sorry, honeybee, i love you so much. you are my everything and i'm never gonna let anyone hurt you"

cas kissed noahs forehead then resting him on his chest. the baby instantly settled into is fathers safe embrace.

dean smiled at the scene.

"thank you dean, i love you so much too"

dean pulled cas towards him so that cas was resting against his chest, holding the man he loved and the kid who he was a father figure to.