✿ nine ✿

• 6 months later •

cas watch noah with a wide smile as he propped himself up on his hands and knees and started to rock back and forth.

"good job, sweet pea!" cas cheered, scooping up his son holding him up in the air. "you're gonna be crawling in no time!"

when dean came home that night he had a huge smile on his face as he strode into the living room, noah was on his baby blanket on the floor chewing on his toys and cas was sat on the couch watching him lovingly.

"hey lil man" dean said, kneeling down to place a soft kiss on noahs head who giggled happily. "hello handsome" he said smoothly, as he tilted cas' head up pecking him on the lips.

"mm, you seem to be in a good mood" cas said.

"why wouldn't i be when i come home to you guys?" dean said, sitting next to cas.

cas smiled, wrapping his arms loosely around deans neck. "you know that you're a big softie, right?"

"well, as long as you don't tell sam, i'm still a total badass though"

"sure are," cas pecked a kiss on his cheek, "so how was your day?"

"well, i went to the road house for lunch and found out that they're looking for a new bartender. ellen owns the place, shes really great and shes kind of been like a mom to me. anyway, i talked to her and she said she'd be happy to offer you the job"

"really?!" cas squealed excitedly, "dean, that's great!"

"yeah, and her daughter jo has offered to take care of noah when we're both working. i mean, i know its not a lot but i know that you want to work so-" cas cut him off by pressing their lips together.

"dean, it sounds perfect"

• • •

the following saturday was cas' first evening shift at the roadhouse. he put noah to bed, kissing him goodnight before heading to the door where dean was waiting.

dean could tell that cas was nervous, but he guessed it wasnt just about starting the new job.

"hey, its going to be fine" dean assured him.

"i-i know, im sorry. its just i havent been away from noah this long before. of course i trust you with him but..." cas sighed, "but promise me you'll call me if he gets to upset? or maybe i should just call later and make sure hes okay"

"whatever will make you feel at ease, baby" dean said, "now get going, and don't fall for a younger college boy. i know they hang out there sometimes"

"how could if i have the most sexiest man waiting for me at home" cas winked.

dean smiled lovingly, a little turned on, at his partner as they shared a quick kiss before cas headed out.