❀ ten ❀

cas was pleased to say he was a fast learner and he easily got into the hang of serving the hordes of people that came into the bar.

ellen was indeed a strong maternal figure, making sure that he wasn't feeling too overwhelmed and getting rid of anyone who might be trouble.

cas called home around midnight to see how noah and dean are doing. he was relieved to hear that noah hadn't woken up yet and that dean would be waiting for him to get home to find out how it had gone.

it was nearing the end of cas' shift and there were only a few people left, he had his back toward the bar as he wiped some of the glasses clean.

"can i get a beer over here?"

cas turned to serve the man and his eyes widened. "azazel..." cas whispered as his hands begin to shake backing away from the bar.

"castiel" azazel growled, "i was wondering when i'd see you again. its been a long time but i suppose you've been busy caring for my nephew and putting my brother in jail"

cas opened his mouth but couldnt find the will to speak.

"hey is everything ok over here, cas?" ellen asked as she came over seeing him freeze up. she grew concerned when he didnt reply and turned to azazel, "i thought i told you your aren't allowed here no more. beat it."

azazel glared at ellen then at cas before standing and headed out the door.

"thank you" cas finally spoke.

"its okay, honey, i know what trouble he is. why dont you head off for the night? you've done a great job" ellen smiled, rubbing his back.

cas smiled back in appreciation then went to get his jacket then headed out the back door into the dark night - luckily the apartment is only a five minute walk away.

cas was making his way across the parking lot when he felt a sharp pain from the back of his head he turned around to see what caused it then he saw azazel standing there.

"this is for what you did to my brother" and before cas knew what was happening azazel socked him square in the nose.

then darkness surrounded his vision.