chapter 1.4 - Raegan

Cassidy and I walk down the stairs, and I honestly couldn't have felt any more proud for her. She was a little unsure about wearing my sweatpants and t-shirt, but I reassured her that it was fine. She put her hair up in a bun and took all her makeup off except her mascara. I wore my favorite pair of sweatpants along with a softball t-shirt and left my hair down.

"So what's this dude look like?" I ask her. She takes a deep breath before she begins to explain his features.

"He's tall, buff, has brown hair, in his late 40's. He injured his left leg and that's why he had to retire early," she explains. "He has a limp."

I nod my head in return as we finally finish walking down the stairs and enter the main lobby.

"Where are you planning on taking me anyways?" She asks. A smile plasters on my face as I spin my car keys around on my pinky.

"A bar," I reply. Her eyes seem to pop out of their sockets as the words come out of my mouth.

"A-a bar?" She stutters as she stops walking. I turn to her and nod.

"What?" I ask her. "Too scared to go to a little bar downtown?"

She seems to gulp but sighs and walks towards me.

"Can I invite Jaxon?" She asks. "Please?"

I sigh but nod.

"Hello ladies!"

Great, this is exactly what I need right now.

I turn around and cross my arms to see Kasen standing there, arms crossed as he smiles at me.

"Looking good in Raegan's clothes Cassie," he says, smirking at her. I raise an eyebrow.

"How do you know that those are my clothes?" I ask him, curiosity surging through my body. He shrugs.

"I dunno, maybe the fact that she only wears unsporty clothes made that clear," he says. I roll my eyes.

"Hey Jaxon's gonna meet us there," Cassidy says. Kasen raises an eyebrow.

"Who's this Jaxon guy?" He asks. "Where are you guys going?"

"To the bar," I reply. He chuckles.

"Would you like to go?" Cassidy asks. I snap my head towards her and give her a dirty glare. She shrugs and I slowly turn back towards Kasen.

"I would love to go," he says. I sigh as I clench my car keys in my hand.

"Then let's go," I say bitterly. I turn around and start walking towards my car, the two of them following me. I made Kasen sit in the back while I drove and Cassidy sat in the passenger's seat.

♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎

Once we got out of my car when we arrived, we decided to wait outside the entrance for the Jaxon dude. 

"When's he gonna be here?" I ask Cassidy, growing impatient. She looks around and smiles when a truck pulls in and parks.

"That's him." The guy I saw almost kiss Cassidy a couple days ago got out of the car and started walking towards us, smiling at Cassidy.

"Hey Cas," he greets her. She smiles in return.

"Hey Jax," she greets back in return. He looks at her up and down before looking into her eyes.

"Who's clothes are those?" He asks. Kasen snickers behind me and I turn around, shifting him another dirty glare.

"Raegan's," she replies, pointing at me. "You remember my roommate right?"