Chapter Eleven

Unedited.

Sophie felt eyes on her, but she was to busy trying to take in the sights to notice, or care. Chandeliers glowed brightly in all colors, blue, orange, red, green, purple, hung over the massive mansion.

The dance floor however white chandeliers hovered over with angelic like grace. Elves dressed in ridiculous and elegant clothes alike walked around the crowds, being sure the tables were full of food, that everyone had drinks, they made sure no one stepped on the trolls.

Sophie spotted Dex immediately bowing a sweeping bow in front of Biana. Who was staring wide eyed at him, through a black half mask, with a black feather sticking on the side, that was tinged with purple. Her dress was beautiful, Sophie was sure she designed it herself. With a full skirt, that trailed in a small train, black lace covered the dark shades of purple, black laces criss crossed up her bodice and tied in an elegant bow. Her dark hair had been dyed to corn silk blonde, and Sophie could see her eyes were violet. Sophie silently begged she'd accept the dance Dex was offering. Once she placed her gloved hand in his, Dex's smile was big enough to light up the dance floor, but he composed himself into his mystique character he had taken the role of.

Sophie's eyes swept over the room, and she stopped, she smiled. Grady and Edaline hadn't adjusted their looks, but the costumes they wore made Sophie smile. Edaline was dressed as a cat of some sort and Grady a wolf. Her eyes searched for Alden and Della, but her eyes stopped and widened as she stared at the dance floor. Stina....Stina was beautiful.

Her tall slender figure gave her a regal look, she was easily recognizable, she hadn't changed her looks and neither had her dance partner. She wore a black dress that hugged every curve of her body, the dress wasn't long like Sophie's but knee length, she wore heels, but was still shorter then her dance partner. Her dance partner didn't have his usually expressionless face, but a small smile was tilting his thin lips up, he wore a half mask that covered only a side of the face. Like the phantom of the opera's mask, it was snow white, his silver bangs flashed in the light, Tam Song was dancing with Stina Hecks.

He still stood taller then her even though she was in heels. Next Sophie spotted Melody's pale white dress gliding through the crowd, her blond hair looking like an angel, with her blue eyes shining she strode to a tall thin man, with dark skin, dressed in black. She tapped on his shoulder and he turned. He was a black swan. His blue eyes lit up at the sight of Melody, and he whisked her to the dance floor. His dark skin looking like obsidian against Melody's own pale ivory like skin. They danced with such grace, they were like two swans gliding over a crystal clear lake. Perfect, flawless and each smiling, as they held each other.

A tap on Sophie's should made her turn and look into teal blue eyes. But not Fitz's eyes. Alvar's. She opened her mouth to speak, but he raised his gloved hand, a single slender finger pressing against his lips. He was dressed in a pale blue tunic, with gold clasps, and white pants. His hair had been turned auburn gold, and his mask was a full faced mask, covering his high cheek bones, and strong forehead, only his lips remained uncovered. Alvar took Sophie's hand, and wrapped his other around Sophie's waist, leading her to the dance floor. As he pulled her close, he spoke in a low voice. "You look magnificent." He said, which made Sophie blush.

The dance was vigorous and cheery, "You look good yourself." She said breathlessly. Alvar's lips turned up. "I only came for one dance with you. Then I have to go." He said sadly. "Why?" Sophie asked. "The Neverseen are here." Alvar said, making Sophie's hear start jack hammering. "I don't know what they are planning but I needed to warn you." Alvar said. "Ruy is here too...look to your left, he's dressed as the happy jester." Alvar said. Sophie looked and spotted a dark clothed jester with soulless eyes, a painted smile and rosy cheeks, which looked burned instead of rosy. Clearly he was male, but he stood talking to an elf dressed as a masked statue, who had stopped to talk to him.