Chapter Twenty-Two

This is for magicistheonlysight her comments keep getting reported for some reason. Hope this makes you feel better.

Unedited.

Sophie paced, as her legs and torso turned numb with pain.

She hadn't slept the night before, no matter who urged her too. She wouldn't be able to sleep, not with the pain, and not while she tried to figure out the storm inside of her. She wore her clothes from yesterday, but Kyle's jacket war wrapped around her.

Kyle should be here any minute, Sophie fiddled with the paracord bracelet. Everyone even the adults had been given one each. Sophie had started pacing when her injuries got to painful to sit still. Sophie new everyone was watching her, curiously.
"Sophie sit down." Edaline coaxed. "No." Sophie shook her head. Her injuries would start throbbing again, and the only free seat was between Alvar and Fitz. She was not sitting there. Sophie ran a hand through her hair that had turned wavey after air drying. Myth's tail thumped against the carpet, Sophie had decided to leave the tail armor off until they left.

Sophie nervously started pacing the whole room. Tam let out a sight. "Sophie. Sit." He said, her legs fell beneath her and she sat on the floor beside Myth, like an obedient dog, she sat. She glared at Tam. "You're making everyone nervous." Sophie stared at the shadow brushing her feet. Sophie took a deep breath, and stood, as her injuries started throbbing she heard a knock at the door and her knees gave out again.

She stared at the door, the knock came again and Kyle's voice made a smile brake out on her face. "Sef?" He asked knocking. Sophie was at the door in an instant. Unlocking it she threw herself in Kyle's arms. Kyle dropped his bag and wrapped his arms around her. "Hey kiddo." He said. Sophie would of cried out in pain from her injuries but she was to happy to see Kyle. His black jacket was cold, and he had a smile on his face. "How are you?" He asked as she pulled away. How was she? Hurt, scared and in pain came to mind but Sophie grinned. "One problem at a time." She said. Kyle stepped in the room, he stared around and looked back at Sophie.

"I wasn't expecting a full house." But he grinned ruffling her hair, making her smile, as her face turned red with happiness. "The more the merrier right?" He asked looking around the room again. "Is that one dead?" He asked nodding to Elwin, though Kyle cursed in nearly every sentence he seemed to be trying hard to not to in front of the room full of people. Sophie smacked his arm, "No! He's just in shock."

"And you?" Kyle asked. Sophie shrugged, "Hanging on." Kyle placed his arm around her shoulders as he looked at the others. "Well, no sense in waiting around. Let's go." He said as he picked up his bag. "Wait. Are you okay to fly?" Sophie asked. "Yeah, I drank some coffee." He said. Sophie shot him a look but picked up her bag. "Let's go." She told the others. "Yeah, Rose is expecting me back by tomorrow." Kyle said as he picked his bag up. Alden and Grady each took Elwin. The others picked up their bags.

After checking out of the hotel and returning the key card. Sophie and the others climbed on a bus. This airport Kyle had stopped at was small as usual. Sophie spotted the Firewave instantly, so did Myth. Sophie grinned and raced to the private plane, that they'd have to stuff in. Sophie opened the back to find it covered in blankets for Myth, who jumped in, snuffling around he rolled onto his armored back. Sophie tossed her bag in, and climbed over the seats into the cockpit.

"Someone's happy to be back in the Firewave." Kyle said as he opened the doors for the others. Sophie found the duffle bag in her seat, she pulled it on her lap and unzipped it to find her blue beanie. "What can I say?" She asked as the others nervously climbed aboard. "I did miss it." Kyle chuckled, "You just miss acting like you were piloting." He said as he closed the back, and the doors, before climbing in. "All gassed?" Sophie asked as she placed her beanie on. "Yup." Kyle said as he sat in the pilot's seat. "No engine troubles?" Sophie asked as she placed the headset on. "No mam." Kyle replied. "All of you buckle up back there...or those of you who can. The rest of you hang on." Kyle said as he started the plane engine. He put on his own headset on.