(5) Prologue ; Niall Horan .

Niall Horan ;

    Seriously?-

Liam's line went to voice mail after a couple of rings. I scratched my head a bit confused, but dialed his number again anyways.

   Again I got his voice mail.

Something felt off. I picked Lou's bag up off the floor and shoved all of his belongings into it before zipping it shut. Seeing as how the locker room was empty, I thought it wouldn't hurt to let Eleanor in.

   "Eleanor? It's clear," I called out to her. She waited by the doorway just in case anyone else was in here. "Get in here! Why would he leave his things-"

  "Somethings wrong" her little voice filled the room. The tears in her eyes were making me want to share them, but I couldn't. "Don't you see? He never goes this long without saying something."

   "I-I'm sure he's fine" I sympathized, hugging her so she wouldn't feel so scared even though the truth was, I myself was just as afraid. "You shouldn't worry so much-"

   When did I turn into Liam?

     "M-maybe it was a fan??" she whipped her face looking into me. "M-maybe you could go outside and talk to them? You know? Ask them to help look for him."

   I sighed. "I can't. Management doesn't want the fans to know yet. They suggested that we at least wait till tomorrow to say something about it...."

I guess that didn't come out as good as I played it in my head. As I said the words out loud, only then did I realize how selfish that made me sound. It was like, I were choosing fame over the possibility that someone's life who I cared about, was in danger.

    "I-I understand...." she hung her head.

   "No, you're right" I shook my head, disappointed in myself. "I should definitely go out there and-"

  *Jig-jig* *Jig-jig* *Jig-jig*

I looked around the room, wondering where that odd noise was coming from. It was distant, like it were coming from somewhere far off.

   "What?" Eleanor eyed me suspiciously.

  "Shhh!" I shushed with a finger to my lips. "Do you hear that?"

She listened in closely as we waited for the noise again. There it was. Her eyes dilated looking back at me as the same thought ran through her mind. What the hell is that? I put her behind me as I lead the way, following the open hallway down to the showers. Eleanor's grip on my arm got tighter the further we got into it.

    "W-wait!" Eleanor nudged me to the side as she pushed forward. She ran over to something on the ground, picking it up to examine it further. "Look!"

She held the shirt out for me to read it and I gaped. Tomlinson the last name read off of the jersey, and right under it was his number. What the fuck?