(5) Chapter Three ; His Last Words .

Harry Styles ; 

I looked down at Cal, gulping as he stared blankly back at me. It was nearly silent. I could hear the boys faintly yelling from inside the safes, kicking and screaming. What just happened? I slowly slid down the wall holding my side. Did I just-? I felt a little light headed.

   "C-Calum??" I whimpered, looking at him. What have I done? "Calum! I-I'm so sorry!"

Blood started to drip from Calum's lips. I propped him up against the wall as he held his gut to slow the bleeding.

   "I-I didn't mean to I swear!" I cried applying pressure to his wound.

His face started to drain it's color. I had pushed him too hard and he landed on the gun the wrong way. Not again. His blood started to soak up most of his shirt. He was bleeding way too quickly. It only hurt me more knowing I was the cause of all this.

   "Calum..." I shut my eyes tight. "P-please forgive me...."

  "S-stop..." he chuckled lightly, caughing up blood. He handed me the gun and propped his head back against the wall. "Th-there's no need for that, I was asking for it-"

  "If I didn't push you, you wouldn't be hurt" I cut him off. First the girl, now Calum. I felt like a monster. "You're going to make it through this Calum, okay?"

  He chuckled again almost as if he didn't believe me. "Y-you know, it's true what they say. That in your last moments, your life flashes before your eyes-"

  "Stop it!!!" I growled, hurt by the fact that he was giving up. "Don't talk like that! You're going to make it!!!"

  "H-he was right, y-you know?" he said hysterical. He whipped the blood from his chin before going on. "I used to think that, you guys were so self centered. I-I used to think that, you guys acted like you were so much better than everyone- than us...."

  "Calum...." I cried. He needed to stop.

   "But I was wrong," he smiled vaguely, showing his blood stained teeth. "Ever since I was little boy, m-my mum always told me that, being selfish will always lead to a lonely life... I guess, this is what I get for being selfish huh?"

He chuckled again forcing the blood in his mouth down his throat. It looked so painful, I just wanted it to stop.

  "It's not your fault" I whined wishing things were different. "You don't deserve this-"

  "You know what hurts the most?" he asked, losing his smile. I looked up at him curious, awaiting his answer. His lips suddenly turned into a quaked frown. "The last thing I told my sister... Was that I hated her...."

He started to bawl, and so did I. I held his hand as he squeezed it for comfort. I could literally feel the pain inside him, all the guilt.

  "C-can you believe that??" he muttered letting the tears fall. "How horrible could one person be? A-and now... I'll never get the chance to fix it-"

    "Yes you can! You'll make it out of here Calum..." I whimpered. "Please...."

 "N-no, we both know that's not true" his words were cold and flat. "I-I'm sorry... For, asking you to choose... It was selfish...."

   I froze, looking at him. "Don't, anyone would've done the same-"

  "Erahh!!! Fuck!!!" he grunted trying to sit up. His face was even more pale than before. "It hurts so bad Harry, please just make it stop-"