two

The truth was, Kumiko really didn't want to go.

Her mother had given up her tries to get Kumiko up to get ready for school a while ago. It wouldn't be long until the law would get involved and the principal.

But she just didn't feel the need to get up or the energy to go.

She heard how her door was opened.

"Kumiko, won't you come out? It's almost four. Didn't you promise Hazuki-chan and Midori-chan to watch them practice?" Her mother sounded tired. Her tone was almost begging.

The brunette sighed as she threw the covers off her. "Fine, fine. I'll just take a quick shower and have some food before I go." she mumbled as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. Last night she had swiped through all of her photos once more.

Her mother sighed relieved as she turned around. "I'll warm some soup up for you."

Kumiko stared at the ground beneath her feet, covered with carpeting. To her left, on the small table, next to her cactus, was the photo frame with her favourite picture of Azusa.

That day they went to an attraction park. Kumiko had bought her some ice cream and wanted to take a picture of the smiling Azusa, right when a seagull had flew by and snapped the topping away. The expression that Kumiko had captured was priceless.

She rubbed her eyes once more before getting off the edge of her bath. As she walked over to her door she didn't even glance at the picture.