nine

Even Kumiko was surprised with herself when her feet brought her to the Music clubroom later that day. She had even brought her Euph with her from the storage room. It had already started to catch dust on top of it.

Midori sat down next to her, placing George-kun to her side.

"Are you okay Kumiko? You look really tired." Midori asked, concern audible in her voice. Kumiko looked down on the Euph in front of her. "I'm tired. And I'm sick of this," she then said slowly. "but I'm also still determined to get back on track."

Her friend sighed relieved. "If you need help, please ask Kumiko, alright?"

Kumiko gave a short not as she kept her focus on the instrument in her hands.

She heard how Midori got up and left. Of course she left. Everyone left her, didn't they.

No. She shouldn't be thinking like that. They were her friends after all.

"Here."

Kumiko looked up from her instrument. In front of her was Kousaka, holding out a few pieces of paper. With a short glance over it Kumiko confirmed that it was music.

"Thanks." she only said as she took the paper from the girl.

"Why are you showing up now?" Kousaka firmly asked, clenching her hand around the leftover papers. "We've already started with the big repetitions for the competitions so why, why are you showing up after we gave out roles?"

The arrogance of this girl, she wasn't like Azusa at all.

"Don't speak if you don't know what is going on." Kumiko fired back, frowning angrily.

Kousaka raised her brows. "Oh is that so? Well excuse me for telling you that we've been waiting a long time for you."

Arrogant but still hot, Kumiko thought.