I like you!

I glance into his eyes, filled with the emotion of hurt. My choice of words were not the best. I wish I had said something else.
"No! Fred you could never embarrass me. Well maybe if you tried really hard. But never by being yourself!"
     I pull up my hand to put to his but he jerks it away. Turning around as well,"That's not really what it sounded like..."
"I didn't mean anything cruel."
"You were embarrassed that Malfoy caught us kiss. Then you said he was going to humiliate you. What else would that mean?"
    My stomach starts to churn, I feel sick and I don't know what to do, one second it's fine and the next it's chaos.
"I didn't mean it like I'm embarrassed that he saw me with YOU, I'd be embarrassed no matter who I was with!"
    He still has his back turned to me. Not saying anything. I feel bad,"I wouldn't keep spending time with you if I were embarrassed by you..."
"I don't know why would you?"
" You're a good guy! You make me laugh and you make me happy. You're one of my best friends."
     He shifts uncomfortably, "So I don't embarrass you then?"
"No! Never have, never will. Okay?"
"And why is that?"
"Oh my gosh, because I have fallen for you! Is that a good enough reason?"
"Wait would you mind repeating yourself? I didn't quite get what you said there."
"Oh gosh do I need to spell it out for you?! I.like.you! Now please tell me you got it that time! I am not saying it again!"
    He flips around and hugs me,"Haha, I knew I could get it outta you." He pulls back and smiles. It all occurs to me now that he wasn't even too upset about what I said.
    "You tricked me you little-"
"Hey we can do without the name calling!"
I smack his shoulder hoping he'd get how angry I was without me actually having to hurt him.
"Hey now! If it makes you feel any better I was actually offended! I just thought this would be a good chance to get it out of you."
"How is that supposed to make me feel better?!"
"Because you actually did offend me so it wasn't all a trick."
"That doesn't make me feel better! I'd never want to offend you!"
     He then grabs my hand and sends a chill up my arm,"Well I'm happy now I know you like me the same as I like you."
     My face reddens and all I can do is look away to keep my sanity.
"Well that would explain why I let you kiss me now wouldn't it?"
"Yeah that's true.  But I wish you would have just told me."
"But you should know how stressful that is." I roll my eyes. Obviously he wouldn't understand he just tricked me because he was too scared to say anything first.
        "I do know how stressful that is and that's why I wanted to have to say it."
"You're hopeless, you know that right?"
"I tend to think I'm doing pretty well in life! He laughs. I scoff in response,"Oh yeah, you're doing great. Top of the school great."
"See I knew you'd agree."
     I stand back up and wipe the snow off my clothes. "Come on, let's go. I am hungry and if I don't eat something soon I'm gonna blow up!"
"Alright alright, calm down. We can go now, and then you can eat whatever you want."
"I'm glad you can agree with me."
     I pull him up and we both walk back up to the castle. The snow no longer bothering us but the wind is a bit of a bother.  We almost fell over a couple of times. When one of us did we just laughed and attempted to pull each other back up unless the other one pulled them back down.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

We walk into the grand hall, people at the Slytherin table are snickering at us as we walk in. No doubt Malfoy shared his information with them.
       We walk over to the Gryffindor table when a little man ran past us yelling,"hey there! My names Gary!" I pause and just look at him confused to why he's so excited that his name is Gary...
       I look away and continue to walk forward pretending as though I wasn't wondering what just happened.
George then approaches us laughing until he sees Fred,"Blimey Fred! What happened?"
"What do you mean what happened?"
"Your head! It bleeding as we speak."
"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah it's fine. Doesn't hurt much anymore."
"Ah okay..." George looks at me and raises an eyebrow.
"Don't worry he really is fine."
"Okay good, I didn't want to have to deal with another delusional brother!" He laughs as he punches Fred in the arm.
   Ron turns around,"Hey!" He looked offended. We all just continued to laugh. "Were only kidding Ron." I laugh.
"Oh, I wasn't." George then laughs again. Ron just turns back around and pouts from there. We then finish laughing.
     "Well guys I'm starving so I'm going to go sit down now see you later!" I explain as I turn around and walk away.
~Fred's POV~
     I watched as she walks away and sits at the Ravenclaw table right by her friend I can't help but wonder how I got so lucky with her.
"So are you really okay?" I turn to look at Fred who still looks a bit concerned.
"Yeah I'm okay. Still hurts though."
"Well I'd imagine! It's a pretty deep cut! We should go get something for it."
"All righty but let's wait until after I eat. I'm starving!"
    I sit down and pour food onto my plate. Man food really can fix most things. I laugh to myself and start to eat.