Potions

~your POV~
     "Alright students, you have exactly one hour to recreate this potion I've shown you. Although I must warn you, if you are to fail to make this potion right the effects will be detrimental. Therefore if you are yet to perfect this potion you will fail the assignment."
     Snape warns with a nasty tone in his voice. "He seems to be getting grumpier by the day."
I whisper to Fred, whom so coincidentally happened to be my potions partner.
    Fred lets out a small chuckle in return,"by the minute really."
"You two get to work!" Snape scolds us.  A bit frightened we begin to conjure the recipe.  I pour each ingredient into the pot while Fred reads to me the instructions.
    "Okay now it says to stir it twenty-three times to the left then add a lizards leg. Pretty gross sounding to me."
    "Yeah can't we ever have a potion with normal ingredients?"
    "What's your definition of normal?"
"To be completely honest, I don't know anymore."
     I continue to work on the brew as Fred walks over to the center table to grab more ingredients.
    "So I see even in a classroom you two can't stand being away from each other."  I turn to see Draco sneering at me.
    "Don't you have a potion to brew?" I scoff back.
"Oh ho ho, feisty one aren't you?"
"Shut up Malfoy, I am not in the mood for your mindless comments."
"Wow, well if I were you I would be a bit careful of what you said to me." He snapped and with that he bumped the table and some unknown viles were dumped into the cauldron.
    "No!" I gasp as I reach out to try and grab them. As they drop into the liquid it splashes up and hits my face getting in my eyes.
"(Y/n), what happened?" I hear Fred ask.
      I rub my eyes to try and stop the burning,
"I was just making the potion when Draco came over here and knocked stuff into our cauldron."
    "Is that so?" I hear Snape ask.
"Yes! I wouldn't lie about something like that."
"Well if that is true then Malfoy you will be receiving detention tonight."
I can hear Malfoy scream,"What?! That's not fair!"
"It is completely fair, and as for you two. For just this once, you will receive an excused on this assignment. But just this once!"
     I let out a sigh and finally pull my hands from my eyes. I open them, well at least I thought I opened them. Everything is still black.
     "Fred? Are you there?"
"Yes, you're looking right at me."
"Well I can't see you.  Everything is pitch black."
"Are you being serious?"
"No Fred Im joking because I just love pretending that I'm blind."
   I wasn't aware that Snape was still behind me until he said something else.
    "As I said before, if you are to mess up the potion the effects will be detrimental. Did the potion just touch your face or did it get in your eyes as well?"
     "Well, both. What would the difference be?"
"Well if it had only touched your face you'd be fine but if you got it in your eyes you would need to go get it treated immediately or else it could end up permanent."
    "So you mean I'll be blind forever?!"
"Not if you go to the hospital wing now. Now hurry and go I do not want to continue to be bothered with this."
    I grab what books I think are mine and place them into my book bag. And try to get around the classroom. Of course I fail and only stumble over my own table.
    "Ugh, help me I'm blind!" I complain.  Fred pulls me up and grabs my arm.
"Im sure it'll be alright with Snape if I escort you there."
"Thanks."
"No problem, besides it's just more time to spend with you right?"
"You're cute and all, but don't turn this into something cheesy."
"Oh but I thought you girls like the cheesy ridiculous things that faker boys say." He jokes. "Oh yes we love it."
       Every once and a while I trip over a bench or something that's not even there. Fred just laughs and helps me to keep my balance.
     "I kinda like you like this?"
"You mean helpless and awkward?"
"No, I mean you're actually letting me help you. You have no choice but to let me help you."
"I don't need your help, I am just humorist you because sometimes there's no point in arguing with you."
"Alright. Let's see about that."  He let's go of my arm and walks off. I can no longer hear his footsteps so I figured he left me.
      "Are you freaking kidding me right now? Fine I'll prove to you I can get off on my own." I begin to walk forward. But which way is it? I wish I had payed attention to which halls I had just passed.
     Maybe it was four, no three, no five? Ugh I'll just go right. That's gotta be right, right? Ugh I keep saying right. Anyways I guess I'll keep walking.
    I turn into the direction I believe to be the right and continue to go forward. "This is easier than I thought it would be." Then I come to another turn so I follow the wall but then the wall disappeared and there was just open space. 
      But I guess my bet luck is to go forward. I step forward but the ground isn't there. I then realized I'm in the stairs.
     By then its already too late and I skid down the stairs no doubt bruising my butt. I reach the bottom and sit up rubbing the back of my head where it hit the stairs.
      Footsteps come behind me down the stairs and I feel a pair of arms hoist me up off the ground. Letting out a small laugh. With that I can tell who it is.
     "You okay?" Fred's voice asks me.
"In a matter of fact I am. But for the record it was really uncool of you to leave me like that."
"You said you didn't need me. So I was proving you wrong."
"I wasn't wrong."
"You fell down the stairs."
"Only because you left me!"
"See you do need me. Why can't you just admit it? Why do we always have to fight?"
I sigh realizing he is right, "Okay, you're right I do need your help. Now can we please just go to the hospital?"
   He grabs my arm and takes me out of the stair room and acts the hallway. His words still playing in my head,"Why do we always have to fight?" Ugh. Now I feel bad. Is it true we're always fighting?
      "Hey about what you said about us always fighting?"
"Yeah?"
"Im sorry. I guess I've never really realized how rude I was being. I just get kind of-"
"Insane?"
"Sure, insane. Anyways I guess I don't realize when I'm being-"
"Okay we can finish this conversation later, right now we need to go find something to do about your eyes. Sit here and I'll go get Madam Pomfrey." He sits me down onto a bed and I can hear him walking away.
     "Oh Mr.Weasley this better not be because of one of your pranks again."
"No it's not. For once it is not. You see we were in potions and Malfoy ruined the formula and then it got in her eyes and well-"
"Oh say no more. I know exactly what to do. Now you sit tight here miss and I'll go get the medicine."
    I can hear her as she walks off and Fred sits next to me. "I think it'll be fine if I stay here with you."
    I try not to show it but I'm actually relieved he decided to stay with me. 
    "Hey for the record, if I remain blind forever that means you'll have to watch out for me forever."
"Does that mean we'll be together forever...?"
He asks. I don't have to see him to know he's grinning.
"Poor choice of words..."
"Wait no, I didn't mean to embarrass you. I was just asking-"
"But were not even together now. So-"
"What if we were?"
"What if we were what?"
"What if we were together? I mean we practically already are. Can't it just be decided?"
     I feel my face go red, I do want to be with him but I feel like I accept then things will go bad and something will happen and ruin our friendship.
     "So?"
"I don't know. What if we ruin everything? It won't go away if we mess up. It'll always be part of our past."
    "But you know that's a risk I am willing to take." I feel him slide his hand into mine and weave my fingers with his. 
"Would you like to be my girlfriend? Or whatever I'm supposed to like ask you?"
I hesitate for a minute. Scared on what to do if I say yes then there's a chance things could get bad, but if I say no then things could get bad then as well.
     Finally I decide on something,"Oh what the heck! It's not everyday one of the Weasley twins is asking a girl out! My answer is yes."
I can feel him smiling though he is a few feet away from me.
   "Okay, when you get out of here I promise you the best date of your life!"  I just laugh, he's cute when he's enthusiastic.
    Madam Pomfrey came back like she said she would,"Alright miss (y/l/n) what I need you to do is drink this stuff here and it'll hopefully make it so you don't feel any pain."
"Pain, pain from what?"
"The eye drops. They tend to sting the eyes a little. But if you take this. You should be fine."
I swallow the lump in my throat,"Okay, let's do it."
    She hands me a glass and I drink it all, hoping that this will work.
"Alright, you'll have about to days till your sight returns. Except I'll need you to stay the night tonight then you are allowed to leave. As long as you have an escort."
    I feel Fred give my hand a small squeeze,
"Yeah, I have one. I think I'll be fine."