Neglect and abuse (edited)

(Author's notes)

"SHOUTING"

"Speaking"

"Naruto's sadistic side speaking"

'Naruto's sadistic side thinking'

"Tailed beast speaking"

'Tailed beast thinking'

'Thoughts'

*actions*

// sound effect or flash//

I don't own Naruto nor do I own the characters

In a village hidden in the leaves, a little boy was seen running through the streets from an angry mob of people with pitchforks, a few ninja who were on patrol noticed the little boy and immediately went into action and knocked the people out. The first Ninja, a male, was tall and had spiked silvery hair that seemed like it radiated the glow of the moon over head. To his left stood another male with dark brown hair tied together at the back of his head. To his right an averaged height woman with short purple hair. The woman walked over to the little boy and said "it's okay, they're gone now". However the little boy didn't move in fear that the people in front of were going to hurt him.

Seeing that the boy was not moving anytime soon the three Ninja knelt down to be at least eye height with the boy, the silver haired ninja slipped his mask from his face and showing the little boy his face (at least what wasn't hidden by his other mask). The silver haired ninja looked at the scared little boy and said "I go by Inu when wearing my mask, but my name is Kakashi Hatake." The little boy looked at the silver haired man before him but the frowned when he saw the mask on his face and said "why do you wear two masks?" shocking the three ninja at just how raspy the boys voice was. Kakashi looked at the other two and they had a conversation through eye contact.

"I don't like people looking at my face" the silver haired man replied. The curious little boy looked at the man and said, "why, are you ugly?" receiving a snicker of laughter from the two anbu behind him. The man turned back to the boy and said, "I tell you what, if you tell me your name then I'll show you my face" the laughter of the other two stopped and the purple haired one said "do it kid, this in a once in a lifetime opportunity." The little boy blinked at the woman, then turned to look at the silver haired man, he now knew as Kakashi and said "Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze" before down casting his eyes to gaze at the floor preparing for the disgusted remarks about him lying about his family name, like many of the villagers did.

The purple haired anbu stuck her finger in her ear pretending to be clean it out before saying "sorry kid, could you repeat that? I thought, I heard you say you were the fourths kid." the little boy just nodded in response before replying, "yeah, I am but not many people know we are family, after all ever since menma and mito were born I practically don't exist in that house hold." the three ninja gazed at the boy in pity, Naruto ground his teeth together, he hated being looked at with pity. The brown haired ninja spoke up, breaking the awkward silence, "how old are you? My name is tori".

The little boy nodded and murmured, "7 years old" the three ninja strained to hear it even with their enhanced hearing, the purple haired ninja said, " names Hebi, Gaki, Better remember that. Now how can you be only seven and be able to run like a full fledged Jounin." The corner of Naruto's mouth raised a little bit, practically impossible to notice, as he replied, "I had to learn to survive, besides my tenant absolutely adores teaching me new things when my parents don't." Looking up at the night sky, noticing the position of the moon he sighed getting up. He started to walk away, only to stop a little bit away from the three anbu before he said, not turning around "see you around sometime Kakashi, Iruka, Anko. Sayonara." before walking away leaving three very shocked anbu black ops agents.

When the little boy walked through the front door of his house, he was met by the scene of a happy family, two 4 year olds and two loving parents, the scene looked so beautiful and natural, nobody would no that someone was missing, but to Naruto, it was a reminder that he will never experience the love of his family, that he will forever be a stranger,no matter how hard he tried, with that he walked up stairs towards the attic, which was his bedroom and went to sleep.

The next morning he was woken up by small beam sunlight coming through the window in the roof, casting a soft glow on his face. He got up and dressed in his uniform, smirking as he settled a fox mask on the side of his head and cast his genjutsu. The once little boy now looked to be the age of his 20 year old counterpart, with his katana strapped to his back, he pulled the fox mask down over his face before opening the window and climbing out of it. Once out of the house the man (boy) shunshin'd to the hokage's office, where he was greeted by his three squad members and Hiruzen Sarutobi the third hokage. The old hokage looked rather amused, when the fox masked anbu appeared, he could see the still shocked faces of his squad and snickered slightly, especially when he took notice of the fact that his team had yet to notice that he had arrived.

He silently walked up behind them, signalling the old man to stay quiet, before saying "Inu, Hebi, Tori. Please explain to me exactly why your guard is down? anyone could have snuck up and killed you from behind." The three Anbu jumped out of their skin when they noticed their captain behind them, a bark of laughter came from the hokage as he said, "kitsune, do you have to scare the living daylights out of them this early in the morning? You should act your age" the old man said smirking at the anbu.

"Ah but lord hokage, your forget that I am acting my age, I'm not as old as I appear" the three other anbu exchanged confused looks, at the conversation between their captain and the hokage.

The hokage the spoke snapping the 3 Anbu out of their stupor, "Anyway, As for the reason 8 called you all here, a new member will be added to your team very soon, he is a member of the Uchiha cl-"Kitsune held his hand up and said "it wouldn't happen to be Itachi Uchiha would it sir?" the old hokage smirked and said "as sharp as ever Kitsune, but yes and I want your team to teach him, however that does means... no masks *the four Anbu grumbled in annoyance* now please remove your masks and show the others of the room who you are".

One after another the four anbu took off their masks. When it was Kitsune's turn, the other three stared, Iruka then asked his captain, "you wouldn't happen to know a seven year old boy named Naruto, would you??"  Kitsune looked at them and replied, "why yes, yes I do, we are actually a lot closer than most people would think" His eyes practically glowed with mischief. Hiruzen thought that the three Anbu had, had enough torment for the day and said, "kitsune, genjutsu as well" kitsune grumbled but everyone heard that the Anbu captain said "fine, ruin my fun."

As a cloud of smoke covered the view of the captain. As the smoke began to clear, right before their very eyes, they saw the little boy they had saved from the villagers the night before. "WHAT THE HELL!" Anko shouted, but then held a look of contemplation as she said, "no wonder you knew our names, but that doesn't explain why you didn't save yourself?" Naruto sneered and said "what? and give the villagers an excuse to execute the demon brat for attack a villager. *snorts* yeah, like that's going to happen". The other shinobi in the room looked at the boy and nodded in understanding before heading back to the meeting at hand.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Till next time.