STAND BY ME - chapter 33

Hey guys! Just wanted to say there is some HEAVY NSFW later on in the chapter. Please don't read if it isn't your thing!

---

I rolled over to see Itachi fast asleep. I watched the way his chest rose and fell, and I couldn't help but feel happy when I looked at him.

"I love you." I mumbled. He was asleep, he would not hear me, but I thought it was necessary to say.

I carefully snuck outside the tent, so as to not wake him up, and inhaled the fresh morning scent. Itachi and I camped for the night, and we would continue with our travels on foot once he was awake.

First; I decided to meditate. I sat on a wide rock not too far from the tent, and crossed my legs, placing my fists together in front of my chest. I inhaled sharply, and focused on my surroundings. The sounds of the birds chirping, the insects buzzing, grasshoppers squeaking. It all sounded so alive.

"You meditate?" A familiar voice broke my focus.

"I do." I smiled. "You woke up. I'm sorry." Seeing Itachi wake up first thing in the morning was quite the sight. His voice would be raspy and deep, his eyes a tad bit puffy, and I couldn't forget his bed hair.

"I'm surprised." Itachi blinked. He didn't seem surprised, I chuckled.

"It's good for the baby." I placed a hand on my abdomen, "My mother would meditate daily when she had my younger sisters and I. Legend says it helps with the child's temper."

Itachi rubbed the back of his hair. "Those cards did not play in your favour."

"H-Hey!" I raised a fist in the air, "Totally not cool."

"I'm just teasing you." He ruffled my hair. "I'll make some breakfast. Keep meditating." He kissed my forehead.

"You outdid yourself once again." I stared at the food before me, I placed my palms together. "Itadakimasu."

I went straight for the vegetables - Itachi's speciality with salads was that he made them out of the freshest - the finest ingredients. How a person could make a salad look delicious was beyond me - but I guess that's just who Itachi was.

"Mm, Itachi!""I'm glad you're enjoying it." He ate as well, "We'll pack our things and head to the Mizukage today. We should be there by evening."

"Sounds perfect." I ate some more.

"Our things are packed, and I made sure we haven't forgotten anything." I patted my pockets down, scanning the area once more with the Byakugan. The scroll of forbidden jutsu was in my bag.

"Let's get going." Itachi said, and we began to walk.

"Itachi, what should our child's name be?" The question had just wondered to my mind.

"We don't even know the gender of our child." He looked down to me out of the corner of his eye.

"Hmmm..." I rubbed my chin, "Let's pick names. If it's a baby boy, I want to name him..." I looked up to the sky, hoping something would come to me. Then it hit me, and I snapped my fingers, "Nobuo. Faithful man."

"That has a nice ring to it. If it's a baby girl, I want to name her... Masako. Truthful child."

I tugged his arm. "That's beautiful."

"We do need to discuss something else, though."

"Hm?"

"Our bloodlines will mix. Our child will possess the sharingan and the byakugan." Itachi stated.