Chapter 8. Puddle

Chapter 8

Ryder's POV...

Walking into school on Monday morning, I felt guilty knowing that my intentions were only to sleep with Isla for the money. I was just as bad as Jack, I used her. I had to protect her, even if the person I had to protect her from was me. I owed to tell her some things about me, I just didn't know if she could handle the truth. I couldn't lose Isla.

"Done man?" Miles asked curiously, I knew exactly what he was talking about but I couldn't let him know I'd slept with Isla, but I also couldn't let him know I was going soft.

"No mate, she's not cracking" I laughed, trying to convince Miles that what I was telling him actually was the truth but if anyone knew I was lying, it was Miles.

He looked at me as though he was questioning what I'd just said, but didn't push me. Miles knew I had limits, he would never push me too far. From one look, Miles knew Isla was mine.

Isla's POV...

I've never felt so content with myself in so long, I loved this agreement between me and Ryder, it wasn't complicated and after a quick bunk up he'd turn back to Ryder, my bestfriend.

Walking down the path towards the school, I caught up to Imogen. I really needed to start making more friends round here, I wanted to form a friendship with Imogen.

"Hey" she greeted, she was such a down to earth girl. She's hard not to like, I don't even think Sienna could pick her faults with this girl.

I think I spoke too soon, just then Sienna raced through the car park and straight through the puddle right at mine and Imogen's feet, drenching us both from head to toe. I didn't have it in me to be mad, instead I just laughed. I knew Sienna would hate that.

"Lets ditch?" I asked, looking over at Imogen.

"You read my mind" she laughed, looking down at her small framed body, looking disgusted at the mess Sienna had made.

Without a second thought me and Imogen were on the road to my house to get changed.

"You been up to much lately?" Imogen asked, I knew what she was getting at. She wanted to talk about Ryder.

"Nope" I cut short.

I knew she'd push.

"You and Ryder seem to be getting close lately, be carefully Is"

"He's my bestfriend Imogen, trust me if anyone knows how to play the bad boy, it's me"

"Oh, I know" she laughed, knowing what I was fully capable of.

After getting changed, and finding something in my wardrobe that would fit Imogen's sense of style, we headed to the diner where me and Ryder went for breakfast just days before.

"I have some people I want you to meet" Imogen said, pointing to a group of people all sat around a table.

I walked over, curious of who these people were.

"Hi I'm Esmae, this is Scarlett and that
right over there at the counter is Ivy."

I greeted them all as I sat down at the table. An hour had passed and I already felt one of the girls. I never really got on with girls, but it was nice to feel part of the group for once. I have no idea why Imogen had never introduced me to them before.

Just then my phone went off.

Lets go for a walk on the beach tonight. Be ready for 7, I'm ready to talk-R x

He was ready to talk? I had no idea what he was talking about, maybe he was ready to tell me things about himself, but who knows with Ryder. He was so unpredictable.

I quickly showed Imogen the text message, who insisted we have a pamper day at the mall, and pick up new outfits. I agreed, knowing I was going to regret this later.

4 hours later. I had bought a new outfit, died my hair brown and had my nails painted. I rushed home to quickly get in the shower.

After actually making an effort and lightly curling my soft brown hair, I applied a little makeup and ran to my closet to get changed into my new sundress and sandals. Just as I picked up my phone to check the time there was a knock at the door.

As I went to answer it I looked in front of me to see Ryder, searching my body from head to toe.

"I like your hair that colour Angel" he complimented as I stepped out of the door.

I always loved walking on the beach to clear my thoughts. The way the ocean filled your ears, washed away every single minded doubt in your mind. My thoughts where broken when Ryder stopped and sat on the soft golden sand patting the side of him for me to sit down.

"I have something to tell you Isla" he said, scratching the back of his neck. Oh no, he was nervous this couldn't be good.

"Yes?" I asked.

"You asked what I was into. I didn't want to tell you because I would never want you to have to worry. But you opened up to me about Jack, and I owe it you to tell you the truth"

"You don't have to" I whispered, regretting ever asking him in the first place. Seeing him like this made me rethink weather I even wanted to know anymore.

"I'm a gang member for a pretty crucial gang. We aren't like normal gangs, we don't kill people. We don't endanger any life's unless where on the track"

"On the track?" I asked.

"What I do is illegal but it doesn't take innocent peoples lives, you have to understand that. Everyone who comes up against us knows what to fully expect"

He was talking in riddles I honesty had no clue on what he was talking about. I didn't interrupt though, I waited for him to carry on.

"I race, on the streets. The money I make goes into the gang to pay for drugs to sell to clients"

I didn't know how to react, he was putting his life in danger by racing on the streets. Something told me it was kind of hot. I shouldn't be thinking that right now, but my mind was so clouded from it all.

"I want to see you race"

A/N

We now all know what Ryder's into, I didn't want to make him in a normal gang as I said, this isn't your typical bad boy story. This is just sort of a filler chapter at the start when Isla is with friends as I wanted to introduce new characters to the book as Isla hasn't really met anyone yet.

Thanks for reading.
Please like/comment.

Thankyou x