Chapter 11. Scared of the bad boy

Chapter 11

Isla's POV...

"Mum, what are you doing here?"

"I have someone I want you to meet" I knew it, she only ever comes home when she has a new boyfriend.

"This is Max" she introduced, I looked to the corner of the room to see a tall male with jet black hair, he was dressed in a charcoal grey suit and from one look I could tell this man was wealthy.

"Nice to meet you. My names Isla and this is Ryder, my bestfriend"

"Bestfriend?" my mum asked curiously. "Wasn't you two just making out on my kitchen counter?" my cheeks flamed red with embarrassment, I don't normally get embarrassed but if anyone could humiliate me it was my mum.

"It's nice to meet you Miss Garcia. Me and Isla are more than friends, she just would never admit it" great Ryder, great save. I looked over at him to see him proudly smirking at me, this boy was adding to my humiliation.

"Ready to go pumpkin?" Max asked my mum, looking up in a bored tone.

"Ready for what?"

"Me and Max are going on a round the world tour. It's business related sweetheart, in the mean time as your not aloud to legally stay home alone. I have sorted you some living arrangements, with Ryder" she smiled.

"With Ryder?" me and Ryder both shouted at the same time.

"Yeah Ryder's dad offered to let you stay with him whilst where gone, and seen as though you and Ryder are such good friends you won't even realise where gone. Ryder's farther is a good friend of your dads"

Me and Ryder looked at each other with shock horror. Sleeping with Ryder was one thing, living with him was too extreme.

"But they only live next door I don't see why I can't stay here and they can call round whenever they want" I pleaded for what must have seemed the 100th time.

"You need proper supervision, I don't want you going off the rails again"

"Come on Angel, get your bags. It's time to follow my rules" Ryder teased, this boy soon came around to the idea of me moving in, even if I wasn't too happy about.

After settling in with the Daniels, I went downstairs to go see what Ryder was up to.

"Where you going?" I asked when I saw him leaving the house and stepping onto the porch.

"I have some work to do, it's important. I'll be gone till about 3"

and with that Ryder shut the door, and before I knew it he was gone.

Ryder's POV...

Having Isla live with me could be a good thing, at least then I could protect her.

After we'd settled Isla in I received a picture message from one of the members of the gang, Dom. Dom wasn't someone you'd want to mess with, he was twice my size and he was Big G's best mate. The message was a photo of Isla at the race, attached was a text asking him to go meet him at the car park just off the highway.

As I got closer to my destination, the more nervous I got. Pulling up into the parking space I got out of the car to be met by Dom.

"Well if it isn't little miss Isla's boyfriend"

"She isn't my girlfriend" I spat, trying not to show fear.

"Not one of your smartest moves bringing her to the race Ryder, if Alex finds out she's even in the states. He will want to track her down"

"What do you want Dom?" I cut straight to the chase.

"I know Islas your weakness, so I won't tell Garcia where his little princess is, if you put your neck on the line, just like every other man in this gang. You've treaded fine for too long Daniels" he warned.

He was right, I was lucky to have so little to do with the gang after been a member for 3 years. All I did was race, I didn't deal, kill or steal like the rest of them. Only reason why I was in this gang to start with was to save mine and my dads life. They'd already took my mums, I couldn't lose someone else. I resented my Dad for the fact he was the reason my Mum is now dead, but I would never be so cruel to take a mans life. But there I was considering taking a mans life for the sake of keeping Isla safe but when it came to Isla, I didn't have time for second thoughts. I had to protect her.

"Deal" and with that, I hit the roads towards the meet.

On the way I called Miles and Chase to meet us, just like me they'd got there self pretty deep into the gang too although they did it off their own backs, they didn't get dragged into it like me.

Walking into Big G's office I was told the plan for tonight. At the time of 3am we were all to take out individual cars and head for the highway, a big truck of diesel was expected and within that truck, thousands of dollars where being carried. Our job was to rob the truck of the money, but we couldn't stop the truck once, all this was done whilst all the vehicles where moving. This task was tricky, but not impossible.

Just as I was about to hit the road I sent Isla a quick text message.

On a job, don't wait up. - R x.

I know she was going to question me when I got in but right now I had more important things on my mind, I had to focus.

As the clock hit 3am. Me, miles and Chase hit the highway. As we came into view with our victim I quickly hit full speed as I over took the truck and drifted in front, trying to slow the truck down as fast as possible. Chase then jumped out of his car onto the edge of the truck, trying to open the door. By then the truck driver had noticed our plan of attack, and was aiming his gun right at Chase. Although the truck driver was smart, he wasn't smart enough as Miles came in from the other side shooting the victim in the head, after gaining full control of the truck we were successfully able to stop it and take all the money before the police arrived.

As we drove back, an ounce of guilt took over me for the events of tonight. But I couldn't let it take over me, I was doing what I had to do to survive. There were no right ways of doing what I was doing, but it was too late to pull out now.

"Well done boys" Dom congratulated.

"Now you boys are in,your in deep. Up to your necks in it. Twice a week you will carry out a job like this, no pulling out now. You do the job how I ask, you get paid and no one gets hurt. You do wrong by me, your girlfriends, families whatever. They won't be living" Big G chuckled. This man really had no heart. No conscience and defiantly no morals. He was cold blooded to the core.

Isla's POV...

Hearing Ryder's car pull into the garage I ran outside to meet him. It was now 5am in the morning, and there was no way I could sleep. Endless possibilities of what could have happened kept running through my head, what he did was dangerous. I wasn't naive enough to not accept that.

"What have you been doing?" I asked before indulging him in a tight hug.

"Ask no questions, I'll tell you no lies." He said seriously.

"I've been waiting up half the night for you, you at least owe me an explanation?"

"Stop it" he snapped. "Gosh Isla I'm so sorry, it's just been a rough night" this boy was so bipolar. I wasn't going to sit around and pretend everything was alright, because it wasn't. This boy was scaring the hell out of me.

I never thought I'd see the day, I'd be scared of the bad boy.