Chapter 18. Playing with fire

Chapter 18

Ryder's POV...

I don't know what Isla's game was, ever since I asked if we could date other people she acted sour towards me. I didn't mean anything by it, just that I was keeping my options open.

Seeing Isla flirt with Logan this morning was like a kick in the teeth. I mean Logan Riley out of all people? I hated that guys guts,I'm pretty sure he hated mine too but he always played innocent to get what he wants. The innocence card, it works every time and it seemed to be rubbing off on Isla too. Even I didn't think she could be that naive.

Isla had her weaknesses just like everybody else, Isla also had limits. She could only take so much before she'd crack.

She could never hide her jealousy well when it came to Sienna. Sienna just loved to rub her face in it. So I did what any other bad boy would do.

As Sienna saw me walking over she smiled, whilst she fixed her hair. Even she couldn't hide the blushing glow appearing on her cheeks.

"Oh hey Ryder, I didn't see you there" lies. Sienna always tried to play it cool, but it didn't pay off. She wanted me, I knew it, Isla knew it and so did everybody else.

"Hiya, I was wondering if you where doing anything later?" I asked, even if she did have plans it wouldn't matter. She'd cancel them for me anyway.

"No, why what was you thinking?" she suggested flirtatiously.

"I was thinking you should accompany me to Chases house party tonight, go out for a bite to eat before. Play it casual, see if anything comes of it" I winked suggestively.

Sienna pushed her hand onto my chest in a playful manner.

"Oh of course Ryder" she said. She then tried to seduce me by slowly tracing her fingers down my chest to the top of my jeans. I don't know why, but Sienna didn't do it for me. I think she was too needy, that was the biggest turn off. But Sienna to me was just a bit of skirt, she was quick and she was easy.

"I'll pick you up at 8" I said, before slowly walking away.

I turned around to see Isla leaned up against the locker talking to Imogen. I saw an emotion pass through her features, it didn't last long as she remained to put up a front.

Ryder Daniels was back in the game.

Isla's POV...

The more I got to know Logan, the more I realised that him and Ryder had past. Bad past, the seething tone of Logan's voice when he spoke about Ryder was dripping with poison. I don't know what it was between those two boys but there was definitely a score to settle.

Me and Logan were currently in the last lesson of the day, triple science. We where finalising a project that were due in the following day.

"Are you going to Chase's party tonight?" Logan asked curiously.

"Yeah, I am. I'm in need of a drink after this" I joked.

"Would you want to go with me Isla, we can go out for a bite to eat beforehand. I would really love to get to know you more"

I hesitated, but then agreed to go to the party with him. It would be nice to get to know him, we did have to work together in science after all. I really didn't see any harm, I'm sure I'd have a great night and the fact I could rub it in Ryder's face made things all the more better.

"Great I will pick you up at 8"

Just then the bell sounded signalling the end of the school day. I didn't waste any time as I headed on home to get ready for my date with Logan.

A/N

I am so sorry for the slow update, all the revision for exams lately has left me with little time to update. I found it hard to write this chapter, experienced a bit of a writing block.

I would like so send a massive shout out to KMR101. Keyanna wrote me a lovely message the other day, motivating me to update more often. Thank you for speaking such lovely words about my book, it was so lovely speaking to you.

I hope you like this chapter, it will be interesting to find out what happens on both their date nights.

Please vote/comment.

Lauren x