Chapter Nine

To say last night was terrible and long would be a under statement! I didn't get any sleep because they would wake up and puke with I was responsible for cleaning up whenever they missed the trash can. I decided to go smoke a cigarette and drink some coffee on the balcony to help me wake up. I grabbed my copy of, "The Body of Stephen King.", my pack of Marlboro's, and a cup of coffee with sugar and creamer.

I sat down on the beach chair and lit up my cancer stick, I sipped the hot liquid and began where I left off. I was at the part where Gordie, Vern, Teddy, and Chris found the dead body of Ray Brower but I couldn't read anymore because I heard a crash from inside. "What the hell! How do you break a chair?" I say when I see Slash laying on the ground surrounded by broken chair pieces, "I dunno." Slash mumbles beginning to pick up the mess.

I walk into the living room to see the rest of the band. "You look tired." Izzy says, "I should, I've been up all night." I say sitting down next to Axl, "Why?" Axl asks while putting his arm around me and pulling me into his side. "To make sure you guys were okay. Since y'all were drunk and woke up every 15 minutes to puke. I had to clean up the vomit whenever y'all missed the trash can, so yeah I'm tired." I say leaning my head on Axl's shoulder and closing my eyes. "We're going to take showers and clean up, okay?" Duff says, I nod and take a quick nap.

When I wake up I went to the kitchen to grab something to drink. I was laying to the couch when the guys came back from wherever, "Hey Haven, we have a question." Steven says, "Shoot." I say. "What the hell is wrong with my hand?" Steven asks waving his hand around, "Last night when I was walking y'all home you decided to punch a lamppost and broke your hand. You can't use it for two months." I explained, "WHAT? WHY WOULD I DO THAT? WHAT ABOUT THE TOUR?" Steven yells. "You'll have to find a replacement drummer." I say, "We have three days till tour, who would we find that can learn all the songs in two days?" Axl says pacing, "What about you? You know most of our songs." Izzy points out, "Yeah I can do it, but I'll have to learn the rest of the songs." I say.

Steven walks over to his suitcase, since they practically live here they moved all their stuff in, and pulled out a couple pieces of paper. "Here's all the songs and the key to our practice center, you can go practice." he says handing me the objects. I grab the objects and head towards the door, "I'll be back later." I say and head to practice.

I came back around sunset tapping a beat on my thigh, "Did you learn the songs?" Steven asks once I sat down. "Yeah, I can't stop tapping now though." I say and motion at my still tapping fingers. Axl grabs my hand to stop me from tapping anymore, I gave him a small smile, "Thanks." I say. "Welcome to the Gunner family." Izzy says.