Moving day

Link was only six years old when he moved out of Kakariko Avenue.His dad had died 8 months earlier and in those eight months Link's mom was looking for a cheap place to stay until she was financially stable.

Zelda was Link's best friend at the time. She was the one who helped him for the past 8 months. It pained her to see him move from a street they had so memories on.

Zelda ran to Link and hugged him tightly.

"I'll miss you," Zelda replied.

"I'll miss you too, I'll be back soon," Link replied "tell Malon I'll miss her too,"

Zelda stopped for a second "okay,"

Malon had been Link's crush since the first day of school; Zelda knew that because he would always talk about her. It'd pained Zelda, because she had feelings for Link.

"Link it's time to time to get going," Link's mom said.

"I guess this is goodbye," Zelda said. She sighed and then gently kissed Link's cheek.. Link had no time to react so he left. Link waved goodbye in his Mom's car.

"I'll wait for you Link," Zelda whispered.

It had been weeks since Link left. Zelda knew he wasn't going to come back so soon. It'd be years before his return thirteen to be exact.

Link missed his old house, but he missed Zelda even more. He would move from school to school and he made a lot of friends, but the thoughts of Malon and Zelda gave him a warm feeling.

In the meantime, Zelda would usually hang out alone during school without Link. She was her own best friend until one faithful day her new best friend moved into Link's old house.