The ugly truth

"You said you were hiding.. from who?" Zelda asked.

"Malon," Link said.

"Oh great, what did she do?"

"I'll explain later.. just drive, here are your keys," he said tossing the keys to her..

Zelda was both confused and scared at that moment, but before she could completely turn on the car, something pounded on Zelda's window.

"Link I know you're in there," Malon said.

"Zelda drive now!" Link said as Zelda violently turned the keys.

Zelda stepped on the petal and her car zoomed out of the parking lot and left Malon out all by herself.

"I'd like an explanation now.." Zelda said.

Link hesitated "Me and Malon got into an argument earlier,"

"Yeah so?"

"Let me finish, and I told her about what I found out,"

"What did you find out?"

"Well apparently me and her only started dating because of a deal my mom and her dad made. Her dad said that my mom had to let her son date his daughter in order to get that promotion.. but I understand now, she wanted to keep me and her stable that's why we moved back.."

"So all of this over some stupid deal,"

"I didn't know until I heard my mom talking on the phone with her boss, "

"Well, I don't blame you for being angry, but you should see what's been going on between me and her," Zelda said "open the small pocket on my backpack, you should find a phone there,"

"Okay, I got it what's the what's the passcode?" Link asked.

"The day you left, that should be easy,"

"Alright I got in,"

"Go into messages and find Malon's number,"

"Okay, I found it," Link said as he continued reading "oh no that can't be good,"

"What? What can't be good?" Zelda asked as she swerved on the street.

"Zelda focus on the road," Link said "while Malon's father may be wealthy, he's not who he says he is,"

"What exactly is he? Did Malon tell you all of this?"

"Yes she did. Malon told you that she would get rid of you. Well her father was an ex serial killer.. and when Malon doesn't like somebody she calls him to do the dirty work.. don't worry Zelda she threatened me too.. but we have this evidence! Her father has been convicted for fraud before, but he managed to get away with it,"