Hiding

"Zelda go faster, she might know where we're going," Link said.

"I can't Link. I'm super scared right now..all of what you're saying sounds true though, so I believe you. Just one thing," Zelda said.

"Yeah? What is it?" Link asked.

"What time is it can you check?"

"Umm okay.. it's eight ten,"

"Oh no, my mom is going to kill me, Link I need to take you home,"

"No Zelda I need to hide somewhere, if I go back home Malon will find me! Can I hide in your home for the night?"

"I don't know Link, today has been crazy first I get detention, then I'm showing up late, and then I ask my mother if I could have a boy spend the night in my house?" Zelda sighed "I'll try to convince her, but if I can't you're sleeping in my car.. "

"It sounds safer than home, " Link said as she pulled up to the driveway..

"Alright I'll go ask.." Zelda said.

"Thank you so much.." Link said.

Zelda opened the front door and her mother came up to her and hugged her.

"Zelda where were you? Who's sweater is that? Don't you know what time it is?" Zelda's mom asked.

"Yes I do mom, "Zelda responded "the sweater is Link's"

"Link's sweater? Never mind, you had me worried I was just going to call the police,"

"Mom calm down I need you to listen to me.. me and Link's lives are in danger.."

"Zelda what's going on?"

"It's hard to explain, I'll bring Link into the house and I'll have him explain it to you, but you have to promise to let him spend the night here. He just needs a safe place to sleep tonight.."

"Alright Zelda I trust you, bring him in,"

Zelda went outside and opened the car door.

"Come in Link, my mother said it was okay," Zelda said.

"I hope it's not a bother.." Link said.

"Trust me it isn't. My mom has been putting up with Midna for the past six years.. you're fine,"

Zelda opened the door and brought Link in.

Link and her mom talked for what seemed to be forever, and Zelda's mom had a hard time understanding Link, but after a while she understood.

"Me and Zelda might have to leave, until it's safe," Link said.

Zelda's Mom approvingly nodded.

"Thanks mom; goodnight mom I love you," Zelda said as she hugged her mom for what was probably the last time..

Link looked at Zelda when her mother went to bed.

Link looked at Zelda awkwardly rubbing her arms.

Link smiled at Zelda.

"What?" Zelda blushed.

"You're wearing my sweater," Link smiled.

Zelda looked down; Link lifted her chin.

"You look cute," Link said zipping up his sweater on her and putting on the hood.

Zelda's cheeks got completely red.

"I'm just going to get you some blankets," Zelda said as she got some blankets for Link and put them on the couch for him.

"Thank you," Link said.

"You're welcome, try to get some sleep we're going to have to get up early," Zelda said giving him his sweater back "you might want this back,"

"Keep it," Link said.

"But it's yours,"

"And I'm giving it to you, it looks better on you,"

Zelda sighed and tightly hugged Link.

"Thank you," Zelda whispered.

"You're welcome, good night," Link whispered.

After a couple of hours of sleep Link woke up Zelda.

"Are you ready?" Link said.

"Yes, where are we going?" Zelda asked.

"My cousin Saria's it's not too far,"

"We'll be back, will we?"

"Yes, we'll be here by homecoming,"

"Promise?"

"Yes Zelda I promise,"

Zelda lifted her pinky and sighed. Link wrapped his pinky around hers. He knew that this was the way she made promises just like child. Link seemed to admire her for that.