Audition (1)

disclaimer: this is made up there are a few things about Lana that are based on actual facts. but most things are made up. Enjoy! 

"Wake up!" My foster mom snapped. I was so tired and dreaded another day, sometimes I seriously thought about pulling the plug. Today is going to be a long one I thought to myself.Today we were going to California for an audition. Lets just say that i hated acting.I have stage fright and I"m not even aloud to watch TV so what's the point. About 10 minutes later I ran down stairs to get breakfast but was quickly stopped. "Stop right there. You took too long we have to leave." screamed my foster mom "Paige i'm really tired, i'm sorry ok take away anything but food." "Nope. Get in the car." Sometimes i couldn't believe the life i was living.

You're probably wondering who i am and what is going on. My names Molly Soloman and I'm 8 years old. I was put into foster care when i was 6 months old. I have been in 4 home including the one i'm in now. I current live in the Deen family. They hate me and only do it for the money. On that note i should tell you what's going on. My foster parents are close friend with a popular actor. He told them about auditions for a role, playing one of 4 young sisters. So my foster parents being the greedy people they are signed me up without a thought. Now here i am here in the back seat of a car driving down the highway to an audition that i never wanted.

- Molly arriving at the auditions-

After hours of driving in silence we arrived. Looking out the window at this plain gray office building .My first thought was that this was a joke and we definitely were not in the right place. "OWCH! What was that for?" "Watch your tone young lady! Get out of the car!" Paige said while hitting me again. As we walk in a man probably in his early 30's greets us. "Hi im one of the assistant managers here. I will need you to fill this out." "Thank you sir." Paige said while taking the clipboard out of his hands. "What's your name?" "Umm.. Molly soloman." ok great you're in room 3. Your mom will go into that room while you're auditioning." He points down a long hallway and i smile a little bit. "I assume you know your lines." he said with a chuckle "yes sir." well that's good but here take this it's your lines so you can practice while you're waiting. Ok let me show you to your room." He takes my hand and leads me down another hall way into a room. " Whoah, this room is like 300 times the size of my bed room." I whisper under my breath

"You can just take a seat and wait until they call your name." I feel his hand slip away from mine as i step forward and before i know it he's gone. I sit down in an empty seat and start repeating my lines. Even though I didn't want to be here i decided to make the most of it and have fun. After a had gone over my lines what seemed like 100 times an older girl sat down next to me. "Hi! Im Haley. What's your name?" she said with a friendly laugh. I turned to her and said "Hi, my names Molly." "Nice to meet you Molly. I've never seen you at an audition before. Is it your first time?" " Ya I'm not really an actor I'm assuming you are right?" "Sometimes but not really. My dad is one of the writers so I'm here a lot." I was shocked, I looked down to see my hand shaking. I couldn't say any words so i just nodded my head. Shes judging me, she was sent her to see if i am good enough, she hates me. I tried to shake these thoughts out of my head but they wouldn't go away. "Molly Soloman!" A young man yells. Without thinking i get up and run towards him. "Woah slow down honey. We don't want a broken leg do we?" "No." i say with a laugh. He lead me into a room with two men sitting behind a table. One of them looked down at a paper and said "Hi Molly, my name is Edward and this is Adam. After i did my lines they turned to each other and smiled. I'm sure it meant nothing but it made me feel good about myself. "We will send your mom an email in the next month to let you know if you got the part. Thanks for coming." I was guided out by the same guy that called my name. As we walked back to the main entrance I see Paige walking towards us. While forcing a smile she says " Oh darling it's so nice to see you." I really wanted to dodge her hug but i knew that would be an inappropriate thing to do in public. So i also forced a smile while she hugged me. "Well, it was nice to meet you all." She grabbed my hand and we walked out.