Beginning in the Name

Mia's POV:

After an nth try on snoozing the alarm, I open my eyes finally collecting all the sunshine through the window.  I missed my breakfast. I make my way to living room only to find it empty. I sighed

A note on the kitchen counter made it all clear that I’m going to be home alone for next two days.

mia! Mom called me to land my ass in home today urgently! Sorry! I thought of waking you up but you were sleeping like a baby! Take care of you and the house for next two days! I have told viaan also to check on you! Don’t do anything reckless and land up in trouble! Love ya! Will call you later! Xoxo”

I miss her already. And it’s nearly 11.47 a.m. I ain’t in a mood to cook. I groaned in frustration.  

What about calling viaan to take me to lunch? Sigh! He has work to do unlike me who’s jobless. I wish I had college today but it’s a day off. And I already completed my assignment after returning from the party. Shit. This day cannot get this better. Note my sarcasm here.

What if I call siddharth? Argh. Even he has work dumbo.

I better make my way to KFC and have my lunch or yeah brunch as it makes sense.  Or else I’ve got to starve.

Making sense and shooing the latter option, I had a quick shower . Changing myself into a very comfo black tshirt and three fouth jeans with my wavy hair , I took an auto to the nearby Mall – DLF Promenade – the same mall  we had a party here yesterday at Keya.

Making my way through the escalators I enter the KFC situated in the food court.

 *

 Virat's POV:

For past half an hour my bhatija Aaarav is pesturing me to get him fifa 14. I would have given him mine. But I’m possessive about mine. Loll

Those puppy dog eyes – how can I ever say no to him?..

“chalo aarav! We can go! We’ll go get your fifa 14 for your PS3, have lunch and then return back. No roaming around! Is that fine?” I said to my bunny.  

“Yay! You’re the best chachu in the world!” he dramatically made a victory dance.

I smiled. He was just the exact copy of me.

“ Virat! Don’t get him one! Let him play with old ones! “ my bhabi exclaimed.

“Its okay bhabi! Vaise bhi I didn’t get him anything while touring, so this is my gift to him” she smiled.

After changing my t-shirt I take my pyaari bhatija to the mall.

“ Chachuu! I’mmm sho hungry, we’ll eat and then play” aarav explained.

knew this smart bunny’s plan. He’ll have lunch first. Then drag me to the gaming arcade, play for a while, get fifa 14 and then return home. Kids these days, how smart! Sigh!

As I get into KFC with aarav holding my hands, I see Mia in the counter.  As usual there was a long queue and I only added to its length.

It took her a while to notice that I was there in the queue. I dint expect her to talk with me as she had always been a shy and mysterious one.

But as usual she did the exact opposite of what I expected.

“Hii!! She greeted nicely. She looked more beautiful; more beautiful than all models who basically lived in make up and cosmetics. She didn’t have a single flaw in her face.

“hello! “ I replied with a smile. And a sheepish grin from Aarav.

“aah….i’m sorry for yesterday’ she said.

I frowned. Why the hell would she apologize and for what?

“Actually, I had lots of things running in my mind and I was in a hurry! Plus viaan had work, so didn’t get time to befriend you.” She said justifying her stand.

‘relax!it happens and that’s fine’I said. She smiled.

“so you study here?” I asked.

‘yes. I am doing My fashion technology in NIIFT” she replied.

We found a table and got ourselves seated.

Atlast I placed my order. She was with aarav when I placed my order.

She had already befriended aarav when I returned after placing my order. How cute. Now aarav will never have my attention. I sighed.

She was cute, both in her expressions and in her body language.

WHAT HAPPENED TO ME?

Moments later, we had become better acquainted. She told me about her home alone plans and about her college. I found out that her house is just a block away from mine. Her family is in Mumbai. Her sister is married. She came to know about mine too.

And her non stop chattering with aarav and his quirky replies added to her charm. I found myself jealous.

VIRAT? WHAT? HE IS A KID FOR DAMN SAKE. OKAY. CALM DOWN.

INHALE AND EXHALE.

I smiled .

After our lunch, persuading mia to join me we headed over to the arena and bought aarav his fifa14 but we didn’t play as I told aarav that we will have to drop her so no time for engaging ourselves in gaming.  Hesitantly, he agreed.

At first, mia was reluctant when I offered her to drop at her place but she gave in as she had no other go. Being with me wasn’t a bad company either I hoped.

As we made our way to my car I asked mia whether we can exchange numbers?.

Why do I suck at everything? Shit.

 What if she had taken the other way round and had judged me wrong?

But fortunately she smiled and handed over her phone while I gave mine to save hers.

I saved my contact in her mobile as “handsome hunk

She’s gonna kill me lol.

I handed over her mobile and she handed over mine followed by her shy grin.

I began driving stealing glances with her frequently followed by aarav’s million dollar dialogue

“chachu! Road pe dekho!” argh -_-

She blushed. At the next crossing ,I dropped her. She then shook hands with me for the first time and  thanked me and a see-you-around . I was still watching her make her way into the apartment. All of a sudden  felt a sense of déjà vu happening.

She’s the one.

I made my way to my house with a streak of unknown happiness looking forward to the rest of the evening when my mobile vibrated.

Cookie:  thank you for dropping!  Mia x

Cookie. All you need is love and a cookie to care for.

Who knew this conversation would be start of the forever thing?

___________________________________________________

vote and comment if you like :)

dharshini x