The Fallen Petals

Mia’s POV:

Unconsciousness did not bring me full relief from the pain, just a numbing, dulling ease it was.  Not quite unbearable. Kind of painful to be more obvious.

It was still there; and I was aware of it, even asleep and that helped me to stir the unending emotions binding it all together.

The morning brought with it a new tear in my heart that healed just some days back gleefully breaking it yet again. Maybe time would make it easier if you bet but this was something I never expected.

But I didn’t care if time would heal me or not, so long as I get to know the whole story and reason for breaking it out when I just felt like princess living in a nutshell of happiness.

When I woke up this morning, oh wait I guess its afternoon for it seemed like I just slept an hour or two, it didn’t seem disoriented. I opened my eyes –which was finally dry and met his gaze. An anxious gaze scrutinizing my health as worry took over his mellow face.

“Hey,” I said. My voice was coarse, obvious that it was inherited due to my sobbing.

I cleared my throat waiting for him to say something but he didn’t. Instead he watched me , waiting for me to start.

The happenings of the morning flashed yet again in my mind, the way he let me ruin his shirt by my salty tears, the way he comforted me.

“No, I’m fine,” I promised.

“I’m sorry I ruined your shirt. I—“

Virat’s eyes tightened by my words.  

“I was worried that the past was so harsh to you and all you do is worry about my shirt?” he chuckled.

I smiled.

A smile wouldn’t harm right?

“Mia? Are you really feeling okay?”  He asked seriously. I nodded.

“Virat! It’s really fine. A sudden reality check. I would rather demand an explanation and reason to break it out today when he had the chance in those two years in his hand.”

He still looked dubious. Maybe I shouldn’t have worried him so much. But I had needed him so much.

“You sure?” he asked wryly.

“I am.”

“Kay. I have called Siddharth. I thought you will demand an explanation and you actually did. I thought Siddharth would know something. And as I had bet, he did know. He’ll make it here at six. Is that okay?”

“Oh. Thank you virat. That would comfort a bit maybe? It’s totally fine.  I’ll check on with Viren after Sid tells me his so called justifications from his side.” I replied dryly.

“That sounds reasonable.  Lunch?” he asked with anticipation.

“I’m so hungry. I’m already craving for tomorrow’s dinner.” I commented.

“high level of sarcasm.” He chuckled.

“Really? I hadn't noticed!"

“I'm so hungry that I would eat everything that’s left in the fridge and still would growl in hunger!” he replied.

“are you sure you aren’t a wolf? I highly doubt you are one. Your growling skills would be well appreciated if you’re one.” I chuckled.

“Mia! This is unbelievable! “He exclaimed dragging me out of the bed.

Though the rest of the afternoon dragged relentlessly, It wasn’t that worse. I took comfort from the way virat’s been bonding with me that afternoon fighting over the tv remote and keeping me entertained so that I wouldn’t linger on that again. The past. You guessed it right.

But then he had to excuse for some minutes to attend a call for which my mind dwelled yet again.

I could imagine about the every tears I wasted  that night I found Viren in restaurant with some girl., each wound he left me, stacked up into neat piles that I couldn’t help thinking, the burden as I was as they easily signed me for cash, the two years spent unraveling about that night.

The doorbell crashed my thoughts into mere silence.

Virat checked on for the only visitor we were expecting- for I was still cuddled up in the couch listening to Story of my life in Vh1.

I could play nice to him. I thought.

“Mia, Sid is here!” Virat called out to me.

Shouldn’t I be prepared to hear what’s next?  I thought.

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves. Anonymous quotes help.

“Hey Mia! Are you okay?” Sid asked me when I sat leaning my back on the loveseat preparing mentally for what he’s going to say. Positive. Be positive, my mind raced.

“I guess I am.” Virat shot me an apologetic look for which I returned an assuring smile.

“Then I better get started! Mia? You know this will never affect anything in future for you’ve already moved out of your parent’s house. Just promise me that you will never let these affect you mentally in spite of the fact that you already came to know the only one this morning.!” Siddharth went on.

“okay. I will. I just want to know what actually happened. I promise!” I replied.

“Are you sure you want me here? Maybe I’ll come over after everything is explained? I respect your privacy in this matter.” Virat babbled. I thought he actually did.

“No privacy shit. You are going to be right by my side .” Always. I mentally added.

“Okay. As you say.”

Life is a rollercoaster. Maybe it turns events as we continue to our next page.

________________________________________________________________

sorry. actually i was on a vacation and i couldnt update. my board results were out this friday and glad that i got 98% in boards :) updates will be regular from now on. thanks :)

vote and comment if you liked the chapter :)