The realisation

Boruto and mitsuki were on the chase of "ghost". Shikadai was not with them becouse he was grounded for skipping school by temari. Luckily hinata wasn't as harsh as temari and understood his son's desire of catching the ghost.

Boruto didn't admit but he was really glad mitsuki was with him. He really didn't want to go "hunting " all alone, he knew it'd be boring.
Not a long after, there was an attack. Boruto was really happy. He had one more chance to proof his father wrong. Naruto told him to pay more attention to his comrades than his own self on battle. But boruto didnt have time for it.
He rushed to the ghost's  destination...and saw shikadai.. he was possesed by the "ghost".
"Boruto,you should get away from him. I can handle it" said mitsuki calmly.
"I can do this by my own,you know(dattebasa part)"boruto ran towards shikadai and attacked him with shadow clone jutsu.
Shikadai easily dodged the clones and got boruto out of his way as if he wasnt interested in him.
He headed to mitsuki and used his shadow possesion jutsu but missed.
Mitsuki wanted to take boruto away from there becouse he knew what would happen.. he didn't want boruto to see it or get hurt.
He didnt have time for fighting shikadai so he lifted boruto and carried him "princess carry" way. Boruto blushed like crazy,he's heart was beating extrmmely fast, but for somereason he didnt want mitsuki to put him down..

Mitsuki took boruto to the konoha forest, far away from where the demon beast would emerge.
"You should be safe here"mitsuki said like he had no intension on explaining to boruto why he took him.
Boruto didn't even ask what was mitsuki saving him from, all he noticed was that mitsuki saved him..but from what? Didn't matter to him.

Boruto could no longer take responsibility for his actions, he leaned in and kissed mitsuki gently..
Mitsuki was too shocked, he didn't kiss back but he didn't pull away either.
When boruto realised what he had done he pulled away instantly.
"S-SORRY I DON'T KNOW WHAT GOT INTO ME! IM SO SO SORRY!! I-" but mitsuki caught him off with a kiss. Boruto's heart couldnt take this much. He almost fainted but he wanted mitsuki to kiss him, he needed him.

Boruto turned this gentle,soft kiss into rough, passionate one. When both boys were out of breath they separated and took deep breaths.

Mitsuki coughed and looked at boruto then he smiled gently but unlike most of his faked smiles, this one was a lot warmer, more beautiful and real.
Boruto started drooling without realising. This smile gave him so much life-force that everything around him became blur, only one he could see was mitsuki...and apperantly shikadai..
Shikadai no longer was posessed by the ghost he was just sitting in the bushes silently and watching his friends kiss.

"H-HEY SHIKADAI YOU BASTARD!!! H-How COULD YOU!!!"
Mitsuki laughed slightly and blushed a little. In boruto's opinion this was the most beautiful laugh in the world.
"Y-you Won't tell anybody will you?"
He blushed and avoided eye-contact. Shikadai just nodded with a smile.