Accident (SugAe)

“Where is she?!” I said to myself as I wait impatiently.

I looked out the window and saw her bidding a goodbye to her co-workers. I sighed. Finally, she’s here. She quickly ran to my car while covering her head since it was raining quite hard.

She opened the door. “I’m sorry, Yoongi-ah.” She cheekily smiled to me.

I tried to be calm but failed. “Why-” I sighed. “Didn’t you bring your umbrella?”

“I forgot earlier and I didn’t know it will rain tonight.” She replied and fastened her seatbelt.

“Next time, always bring your umbrella whether it will rain or not.” I said to her and started the engine.

“Tch, there you are again. You always nag me. Don’t worry I will bring it every day, as you say.” She made face and I just chuckled.

“You’re so cute Yoo Jiae.” I said and pinched her cheeks.

“Stop it! You know it hurts when you pinch my cheeks!” She whined.

“Aw! My little moomin.” I teased.

She hates being called moomin. But she looks exactly like the cartoon character.

“Yah! Min Yoongi.” She stared at me.

“Okay, okay! I’ll stop.” I chuckled and focused on my driving.

Every day, I always fetch Jiae to her work and took her home. She was already a manager in an Architectural Firm. It was just a small firm but I know she was doing well.

Jiae and I went to same university. I was on Business Department while she was in the Arts and Design Department. We unexpectedly met because of my friend. And after that, we got close and fell on each other.

She was really a good girl. Jiae always do her works on time and can even manage her time. She even has time for me and for our dates. There were a lot of problems between us but we always end up solving it and understanding each other.

I can even imagine myself marrying this girl despite she was really busy. I can see my future with her. With our kids-

“MIN YOONGI! WATCH OUT!” Yoo Jiae suddenly shouted.

My eyes widen and all I saw was light. Everything turned black and I lost my consciousness.

I breathe heavily and focused on the sound around me. I can hear sirens everywhere. I opened my eyes slowly and found myself looking at Yoo Jiae with my head on the steering wheel.

“Jiae…” I called her. I can’t really move a muscle. Suddenly, someone opened the door of the driver’s seat.

I was still looking at her. She was so beautiful. She was not yet conscious and bloods were trailing down on her milky white face. I found myself crying.

My love. My future. What have I done?

“Sir, you need to get out of here now. You need to be treated. Can you move?” A guy said; someone in emergency team.

I didn’t say a thing and just stared the girl in front of me.

The guy on the medical team helped me to get out of the car. He put me on the bed. I held his hand.

“Please! I need you to save her.” I faintly said because I was too weak to talk.

“Yes, we will, Sir.” He said and head back to the car.