Choices (Jungkook × Sujeong)

"By any chance, do you want to break up with me?"

Her eyes starred at me as if it were begging for me to stay. To love her like before. That stare that it say she truly, deeply and madly inlove with me. Those eyes that are screaming that she'll be better.

"You know, I loved you."

She nodded.

"But I love her even more now." I said.

She nodded again and ate quietly. Minutes passed seemed hours. The food we are eating wete once flavourful and very tasty buy evething tastes so bland.

"I'm sorry." Those were the last words I heard from her. She never uttered a single word that day to me.

The afternoon passed, we did not sleep on the same bed that night. She went to living room and slept there. There was a huge guilt in my heart wanting her to be okay but I can't just say to her to just move on and she'll meet a better guy than me. I hurt her. She was broken.

Morning came and I decided that I'll apologize to her as well. To everything. This is the least I could do in our relationship.

I sighed as I get up on the bed. This morning is still the same. It smelled the usual morning I've had during my happy times with her. I unknowingly smiled. I went to the dining area and saw the food on the table. The usual breakfast. Bacon, omelet and my favorite coffee. I tasted the coffee and it is as usual so good but kind of cool down. I finished my breakfast and washed the dishes. She must've went to her work. I sat at the sofa and watched random shows. Waiting for her to come home that night.

But she did not. I start to get panic. I tried calling her friends but they were not answering. I was still hoping she's okay. Please be okay.

The main door opened and I stood up quickly looking for her but it was her friend.

"Yein?" I asked.

"She told me to give this to you and she asked me to pack her things." She said coldly, passing me the paper to me and went straight in walk-in closet.

I was startled. What? Wait.

"What did Sujeong say?"

"That's all she said. And she's not going home anymore." When she settled all of Sujeong's stuff. "Nice. You made her believe that you are 'the' one but turns out... no. It's just a year of your marraige yet you already want to give it up. Have you ever thought all of the sacrifices she did? For you? For the both of you? Of course not, Jeon Jungkook. You're a jerk. She even decided to stay here in Korea instead of finishing her college in Japan. Because she loves you. I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. Remember, No one falls in love by choice, it's by chance and no one falls out of love because of chance, it's by choice. It was your choice. Good luck." She said and brought all of Sujeong's things.

I know I'm such a jerk falling out of love in our relationship. I didn't know why. I just don't feel anything special anymore until I met Secretary Kim. She became my comfort. And there I knew that Sujeong wasn't really the person I love. I don't know. Was it wrong?

I sat down on the sofa, gathering my thoughts. I know it's my fault. But I'm also just a human.

I closed my eyes and I unknowingly slept on the sofa that night.

The next day felt empty. Of course, no one will cook me breakfast anymore. No one will greet me a cheerful good morning at the first minute I woke up. But it somehow felt normal. I don't actually miss it.

I went to work without eating which was very unusual of me. I just went to grab a coffee before going to my office.

"Oppa!" Secretary Kim went to me.