Year 1: Chapter 8

"So this is my surprise?" I asked quietly...

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I looked at my parents in shock. She was pregnant? I was going to be a big sister? My parents began to look worried, but that all changed when my face broke put into the biggest smile that's ever been seen on my face.

"Oh my goodness mom! You should've just told me! I'm so excited! Is it a boy or a girl?" I rambled. They looked at each other and smiled.

"Its a boy. We were thinking of naming him Logan. What do you think?" My father said. I've never seen him so happy. I guess he wanted a boy more than a girl, and now he finally has the boy he wanted all those years ago.

A frown overtook my face for a split second before I replaced it with another smile. I think they noticed, but they didn't say anything if they did.

To be honest, I loved the name. It fit with mine perfectly.

"I love it. Its perfect." I commented softly. I sort of went off into a daze before I heard a throat clear behind me. I turned around quickly and saw Seamus standing behind me. I smiled at him, which he returned.

"My mam says its okay stay for the whole Christmas break if its ok with your parents." He informed me. Oh yeah! I forgot to ask.

"Thank you for reminding me to ask!" I exclaimed, turning to my parents.

"Do you think it'd be ok if Seamus stayed for Christmas break?" I asked. They looked at each other and had what looked like a mental argument with each other about it.

My mother finally turned back to me and nodded.

"I guess that'd be ok as long as you two don't get too close." She said, giving me a wink. I blushed bright red and groaned.

"Mom!" I complained. I turned around when I heard more footsteps behind me. I turned back around to see Dean and Neville standing there.

"It's a no from my Gran. Apparently we're doing something special this year." Neville explained, looking a bit sad. I nodded in understanding. Before I could say anything, Dean butted in.

"Yeah, and my parents don't want me to stay with a girl. They're protective." He explained.

"That's ok guys. There's always summer." I suggested. They nodded and gave me a hug each. Then they went on their way.

"My goodness Nora. Did you make any friends that aren't guys?" My mom asked jokingly. I thought back.

"Actually, no, not really." I replied in all seriousness. She laughed, probably thinking that I was joking while father gave me a stern look.

"It's alright Mr and Mrs. Pierce. We're the most girliest guys she could've picked to be her friends in my opinion." Seamus said with a wink in my direction. I don't think that my parents saw the wink, but if they did, oh boy.

"Well, if you say so. What is your name?" My mother asked.

"Seamus Finnegan miss." Seamus replied cheerfully. She smiled at him while my father just nodded in approval in his direction.

"Well, we gladly welcome you to our home Seamus." Father said shortly. Seamus thanked him and turned back to me.

"So...where will I be staying?" He asked. I shrugged.

"As long as you aren't in my room my parents will be fine. You could sleep on the table and they wouldn't care, but you probably want something a little more comfortable so you can take the guest bedroom if you want." I rambled.