Chapter 34

It's like a noose around my neck that slowly grows tighter everytime I try to fight for my life.

*NARRATOR'S POV*

Louis has been able to sleep for two painless hours, any other time was spent in irrefutable anger directed at himself. Harry slept soundly except for the sweat that dripped from his forehead and dampened his skin, he sometimes shivered or twitched but that just led to him holding Louis that much closer. The latter would cry a little harder when that happened.

The screaming and violence finally ceased outside and Louis took his first full breaths, albeit they were shaky and made his eyes water. He wiped any sign of bodily fluids away with a tissue and sniffed in the cold, dry air that seemed to never settle on the four stone walls around him.

At four in the morning Louis leaves their room, armed with nothing but a request. He had to beg for something and he'd do almost anything.

"Louis?" A voice that's sweet and frail calls out to him from behind.

He has to turn around for Sister Jane because he trusts her. What he sees is not just the friendly, grey-haired Sister Jane. It makes him shriek and an echo to reverberate through the halls. His stiff hands begin to shake and the individual with curved teeth who has Sister Jane by the neck to grin.
Its dry and taut skin stretches over its face so there are no lips. Just a cowboy's hat and pants clothe the monster and it has its claw-like nails dug deep into the nun's throat. Blood gushes out dark red around them like a glorified water feature.

What's it still doing here? Usually by five it's like they don't even exist. How Louis treasures those hours.

To make a show, the inhuman creature retracts its nails and licks a stripe from the elbow to his fingertip when a rivulet of red drips down his arm.

Louis doesn't know what to do now except place a protective hand on his baby bump and wait for something. Something cold grabs his left arm though and when the antagonising foe charges forward, he's yanked to the side.

"What?!" He shouts when a cell door three down from his own shuts in his face.

"Considering that creature has its eyes set on you, standing so close to the door wouldn't be wise." This new person is male and tall, standing quietly in the corner of the room with just a black shadow to place him there.

Louis jumps back without a peep when the heavy body slams against the door he was so near. The barrier shudders to mirror Louis' spine's reaction, and a bleat of screeching rings out. He turns away and closes his eyes briefly, small hand rubbing over Bean's bump.

"Who are you?" Louis keeps as much distance as possible between them by standing across the room.

"Jacob." The stranger answers, stepping forward and smirking at Louis' gasp.

He's got one working eye because the other is gauged out. The tissue is red and pulled to a tight close over the eye socket. He has a jaw half as stunning as Harry's but his skin is less pale.

"Jacob?" Louis manages to push out with a swallow. The creature outside has finally moved on.

"You're Louis Tomlinson. Pleasure to meet you." Jacob stretches out his arm and Louis blankly stares at it, then his face. "Impolite, Louis."

"S-Sorry." Louis hurriedly shakes his hand and looks away at the wall or the floor.

Who is this strange Jacob person? Why did he concern himself with saving Louis' life? This is not the general public and everyone in here is psychotic in some manner. Louis backs up just a little further at this reminder.