Chapter 5

Chapter 5 is here and this chapter is dedicated to @cutejaya1 :D

Enjoy!

****

A person needs at intervals to separate himself from family and companions and go to new places. He must go without his familiars in order to be open to influences, to change.

-Katharine Butler Hathaway

MALORY P.O.V

I pulled away from dada and sniffed audibly. “Call us every day. Okay?” dada asked me and I nodded. “Take care sweetheart and remember this door is always open for you” dada said and kissed my forehead.

“I know” I said and pulled away. “Bye mama” I said and walked to where Cortez was waiting, near his car, along with Tyson.

Five days were over and today, I was leaving with Cortez to his pack. I don’t remember a single day where I stayed away from my parents. I was very close to both my parents and hence it was all the more difficult for me to walk away from them. My wolf loved the idea of going to Cortez, but leaving her parents hurt her too. She stayed silent inside me because she knew we will miss them terribly. I turned back and looked at my parents once. My vision was blurry and so I blinked repeatedly. I waved at my parents, Uncle Matt, Aunt Lynne and Zach, Cristina and my other friends once again.

“Bye Lory. I am going to miss you” Tyson said and wrapped his arms around me. I smiled and returned the hug. There was a low growl from Cortez and Tyson began chuckling at that. “She is just like little bear to me” Tyson told Cortez ruffling my hair.

I slapped his hands away and he shook his head. It felt good to see Tyson happy and cheerful. Ever since he lost Piper, he had distanced himself from all of us but now that he got her back, he was back to being himself.

“Did you tell Piper about yourself?” I asked him curiously.

“Not yet. But I will soon” he said and I smiled.

“Bye” I said and turned to face Cortez. As usual, I was at loss of breath and words when I saw him. All he had to do was look at me to make me aware of every nerve endings in my body. He looked regal and aggressively handsome in his black jeans and black tee.  I gulped and looked down at Mumbles who was near my feet, his brown eyes waiting for my next move. Cortez opened the backseat door and I signaled Mumbles to get in. Once Mumbles got in, Cortez closed the back seat door and opened the passenger door for me. Looking at my parents, I smiled once before getting inside the car.

Cortez closed the door and walked towards the driver’s side. He stood there and spoke something to Tyson before hugging him and tapping him in the back. As soon as he got inside the car, I licked my lower lips and looked out of the window. I was aware of everything. Aware of his woody aroma that had my senses spinning. Aware of the way my heart was beating fast, very fast. Aware of the close proximity between us and aware of the lustful ideas my wolf was giving me.

I hate that animal right now.

‘Bye mama. Bye dada. I love you both’ I said using the mind link I had with Regal Pack for one last time as Cortez started driving. I didn’t ask Tyson’s permission to leave the pack because I knew he would allow it.

My parents replied a bye with a love you too and a small smile formed in my face. I glanced at Cortez, who was staring ahead at the road. Sighing, I turned to look at Mumbles who made himself comfortable on the back seat leaving no space for anyone.