Chapter 15

Hi Lovelies,

Shruthi is Back!!! :P

Sorry for the long wait but I had exams which were terribly terrible:( :’(

Chapter 15 for you all and this chapter is dedicated to @greenlem :D

And pic of Sonya on the side or top…. Whatever!

****

“A rose, isn't quite as beautiful as it once was, when after its thorn pricks you.” 
― 
Anthony Liccione

MALORY P.O.V

When I woke up the next morning, I was greeted by the sight of Mumbles sprawled on the floor. I rubbed my eyes with the heel of my palm when I felt them stinging. I cried myself to sleep last night which is why my eyes were blotchy and puffy. Luckily, there weren’t more tears left.

I took in a deep breath and frowned when I couldn’t sense Connell… fine, for now let it be- Cortez in the house. I scrambled off the bed and dropped the sheets on the bed. My dress lied on the floor and I was still in my undergarments. I walked towards my room and quickly got dressed in a shorts and t-shirt.

Mumbles held my slip-ons in his mouth and wriggled his tail; however, I was in no mood to play with him. I rushed downstairs and looked for Cortez but he wasn’t in the house. My guess was he had gone in the woods for hunting? He had shifted into his wolf last night and maybe he was running all night? I really didn’t know.

I tried connecting with him through our mind link but he had blocked me out. He was still mad at me! I sat on the couch and closed my eyes shut. Why Oh Why did I have to talk to Cortez like that?

Mumbles, still clamping my slip-ons in his mouth, looked at me with big, wide golden eyes. “Mumbles” I said sadly and he immediately dropped the slip-ons from his mouth. He didn’t put any fight because he could sense my mood. I knelt on the ground and Mumbles walked towards me picking up the slip-ons. He dropped it down again and I patted his head. “I love you” I told him and hugged my precious dog. He rested his head on my shoulders and I closed my eyes, relishing his comfort.

“Now stay here like a good boy” I told him and hurried towards the door. I stopped on my way and went to pick up the keys of my two-wheeler.

It was early morning and the sun was just rising. The sky was a shade of pink and orange as I drove towards Brenda’s place. Goosebumps appeared on my skin as I drove ignoring the early morning chill.

I had closed my eyes and inhaled deeply for his scent but Cortez’s scent had faded and I couldn’t sense where he had gone. I doubt he had gone to Brenda’s place. However, I still decided to check there.

As soon as I reached the gate of Brenda’s house, I breathed in. He wasn’t here either. Sighing, I decided to ask Adline.

“Malory, are you okay?” was the first thing Sonya said when she saw me. I knew it was wrong of me to disturb her and Adline so early but I was desperate to find my mate.

“I’m fine” I said smiling softly. “Is Adline here?” I asked her looking behind her shoulders.

“No. Uh… he has gone out early in the morning along with the Alpha” she said perplexedly.

“Conn-Cortez has left?” I asked and my wolf started pacing inside me.

“Yes. He had gone around four in the morning along with some fighters. They were hunting for that pup”