Chapter 14

Hello!

Chapter 14 is here, and it is dedicated to @Perilous_smile :D   [Oh Yeah! Iss chapter ke liye mere paas suitable film ka naam nahi hai;)]

Check that pic on the side>>>

Also, Thank-you to everyone who wished my mom last week:D

****

“Hate, it caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.”

-Maya Angelou

MALORY P.O.V

When I felt his cannines grazing the base of my neck, I realized Cortez was marking me. I closed my eyes as his teeth sunk deeper. A small whimper escaped from my mouth at the pain and I was sure blood was oozing from there.

As Cortez never loosened his hold on my arm, another cry broke from my throat and this time more tears rolled down my cheeks.

Cortez slowly pulled away and then licked the area, wiping the blood with his tongue. Through cloudy eyes, I looked at him when he wiped the blood from his lips. As he loosened the hold on my hands, I realized my legs were like jelly. He completely loosened his hold and I blinked repeatedly to keep my eyes open. I was exhausted as the marking drained my energy.

Before he could step away, I held his shirt in a tight fist for support. “Malory” I heard Cortez calling me and I looked at him through hooded lashes. When he realized I was exhausted, Cortez wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me against his chest. He cupped my face with his free hand and looked at me with concern.

“I’m sorry” I said and rested my forehead against his chest. I felt Cortez carrying me in his arms and walking somewhere. He then put me inside my car and started driving. Mid-way, I fell asleep.

It was a short nap as I woke up within an hour and when I woke up, I was in our room, sprawled on the bed. I looked around the room for Mumbles and sighed when I sensed him in my room.

I gasped as I realized the events that had happened before I fell asleep. Cortez marked me. Oh My God! My mate marked me. My wolf howled in pride as I traced my fingers on the mark. It felt so soft and sensitive. A small smile curved my lips which soon wiped out as I realized how and why Cortez marked me.

He didn’t even give me a chance to explain myself, instead got all possessive and bit my neck, without my permission. That’s rude!

Scrambling of the bed, I was about to get back to my room, when the bathroom door opened and Cortez walked in, dressed only in his black shorts. Dark color flared my cheeks as I shamelessly stared at his torso. He looked extremely gorgeous. I could literally feel my wolf sticking her tongue out and ogling at him.

When I raised my lashes and met Cortez’s blue-green eyes, I gulped. He had a blank face and I couldn’t ponder what he was thinking. I then recalled his accusations and decided to clear that up with him.

“The rogue, Ruben, he-” As soon as Cortez heard Ruben’s name, he growled loudly. “I helped him that day.”

“You helped a rogue. You know I hate rogues and yet, you helped one in escaping?” he snarled.

“It was even before I met you” I protested.

“It’s against a pack rule” he stated and I frowned.