Chapter 8

Here is chapter 8 :D

And this chapter is dedicated to @GrazelleClarin :)

A HUGE THANK-YOU TO ALL THE READERS FOR BRINGING THIS BOOK #9 IN WEREWOLF AND #18 IN HUMOR :D LOVE YOU :-*

Pic on the side is of>>>

****

“Maybe it’s not about having a beautiful day, but about finding beautiful moments. Maybe a whole day is just too much to ask. I could choose to believe that in every day, in all things, no matter how dark and ugly, there are shards of beauty if I look for them.” 
― 
Anna WhiteMended: Thoughts on Life, Love, and Leaps of Faith

MALORY P.O.V

It was almost two weeks since I had joined Moreland Pack. I wasn’t officially announced as the Luna of this pack however lots of wolves in the pack already knew who I was. Whenever I would go to Brenda or Sonya’s house, wolves from Cortez’s pack would bow their heads in respect. Since it used to make me feel uncomfortable, I hesitantly dared and told an elder lady not to dip her head. She just smiled and agreed.

So ever since then, the wolves used to either smile or wave at me. It was a million times better than having elder people bowing to me.

As for Cortez and me, we didn’t make any kind of progress in our relationship. Every weekday it was the same, Cortez would be gone before I woke up. He wouldn’t be home for dinner either and since he knew I used to wait for him, he had asked Brenda to come and have dinner with me. So from the past two weeks, one day I go to Brenda’s house, one day she comes to our house. I like Brenda, I really do but she isn’t someone of my age and hence I am sometimes uncomfortable to talk to her about Cortez. Besides she will be having her friends in her house and so I would be alone or playing with Mumbles.

Sonya was there but I didn’t want to disturb her every day in her life. I used to call my parents daily and they wanted me to visit home once along with Cortez.

I see Cortez but he barely looks at me. Out of the twenty four hours in a day, he is home only for four hours. Whenever I try to have a conversation with him, his one-word answers would annoy me. We are like two strangers living in a same house. I don’t even know if he eats the breakfast and dinner that I cook. I assume he does because the food wasn’t in the dustbin.

Don’t give up on him; it is the only thing that makes me not to yell at Cortez for his ignorance. Living with him for two weeks and always being the first person to start a conversation has made me pretty comfortable around him. I stutter less nowadays.

Mumbles has happily adjusted to the new place and many kids, mostly little girls from pack come to play with him. He loves the extra attention he is getting.

The only two good things in these past two weeks are one- I am still driving my two-wheeler even though the rear number plate is missing. Two- a pillow is tucked under the edge of my bed, every night. I know Cortez keeps it there every night.

I was currently returning home from college. The rumor in the college too had died down and now I am back to being unnoticed. I really like that. Some guys had even asked me if Cortez is my boyfriend and I didn’t know how to reply for that. I had just walked away from them making some girls call me a snob again.

At present, I was returning home after my college.

I brought my two-wheeler to a halt when I saw the traffic police. Oh No! Oh No! Oh No! The rear side number plate of my two-wheeler was missing ever since that minor accident and I knew this police will make me stop if he sees that. A plan popped in my head. I decided to turn and go wait in a nearby shop until he goes. So planning to be sneaky, I turned my two-wheeler and was about to drive away when the police saw me and began to whistle.