Lock 8

"So..." Willow pointed to the two men standing in the entrance of the dojo from her seat on the couch. "What the hell is this supposed to be?" she demanded.

Aiden, in a short-sleeved grey polo shirt and designer jeans, flashed a brief grin. "We'll be staying here as of today," he announced.

Bren, to his left, in a black muscle shirt and gym shorts, chuckled. In front of him were two large, rolling suitcases. He raised his hand and waved, grinning like a madman. "'Sup, roomie?" he greeted Willow.

Willow shook her head vigorously. "Uh, no. Nope. Who said you could weasel your way into my house?" she growled, rising to her feet.

Peeking his head around the corner of the double doors, Kazuo wore a nervous smile. "Um, that would be me?" he raised his hand, like he was in a school room.

From behind Kazuo and Aiden, Prophecy bounded forward, smiling in victory. "I did, I did!" she jumped up and down, holding a hand up in the air.

"You traitors!" Willow hissed, raising a hand to her chest and posing dramatically. "I expected this from Dad, but even you, Prophecy, would betray me?" She pretended to faint back onto the couch.

"Yep!" Prophecy declared. "Me and Pawpaw make two, so you loose Mommy. Dad and Uncle Bren get to stay!" she giggled happily.

Willow groaned loudly from her slumped position on the couch. In a much quieter voice, she sighed. Honestly, she wasn't surprised. She knew the two of them had been up to something for the last couple of days. After getting the results back proving that Prophecy was Aiden's daughter, Willow hadn't been able to find any words to argue. Instead, in a quiet voice, she told everyone that she wished to go back home. Surprisingly, none of the others had offered any resistance to her decision. The Chesters had passed through the Gate in St. Louis within the hour, returning to their home in time for dinner.

Part of Willow had thought of running so that Aiden would never be able to find them...She so desperately wanted to do it...but she stopped herself. Honestly, how much more childish of a choice could she make, if she did that? Instead, she resigned herself to trying to find the strength of will to stay and see what would come of it.

Raising her head from the couch, she looked Aiden in the eye, across the distance between them. Voice completely serious, she spoke. "Alright, fine. But if you even think of trying some crazy thing like marrying me and 'trying to take responsibility', you might as well leave right now."

He was wearing the contacts so his eyes were dark green. He studied her face, slowly shaking his head. "Truthfully, I have no wish to do so. All I want is to get to know my daughter, to be a father to her."

Willow stared back, not flinching from his gaze. "Okay. I just wanted to make that completely clear before you got any stupid thoughts in that head of yours." She shifted her gaze to the taller man. "What about you?"

Bren stepped forward and lifted Prophecy up into his arms. "I'm here to be a plaything for the little squirt," he growled playfully, making the girl giggle. He glanced back at Willow's face. "As well, I just wanted to see your pretty face again," he teased lightly. Then he smirked. "I'm also here as your very own personal tool for when Aiden's bugging you and you need me to be a human wall."

The man in question narrowed his eyes, glaring at Bren. "You brought this upon yourself with that comment," he warned the older man. "Sit, boy!" Aiden ordered sternly.

Bren's face paled for half a second, and then he was shifting Prophecy is his arms as he slammed his ass to the floor. Once there, he blinked.

Prophecy twisted slightly, her cheeks puffed out in irritation. "Dad, that was mean!" she glared, rubbing at Bren's head. Her hand ruffled through his shaggy locks like through a dog's fur.