Lock 25

A/N:

Please, this is a very important note, alright?

I feel I'll have to start put warning labels on these chapters.

So, nothing too crazy happens this Lock. But please, guys, keep in mind that things are definitely going to slowly start taking more and more of a 'M' rating here.

When we start getting to the chapters where this happens, I will make sure to leave warnings, alright?

Anyway, please enjoy. Also, don't forget to leave me comments and tell me what you think about what you all get to learn in this particular Lock. It's not a whole lot of new information, but some of you I'm quite sure most of you either didn't quite guess or had absolutely no idea about.

Sixteen years before...

She heard the beep, beep, beep of the alarm. Reaching out quickly, she slammed her hand down on the button to turn it off. The sound stopped and she let out a soft sound of relief. Blinking, she rubbed at the sleep in her eyes. Blinking even more, she stared at the red, lighted face of the alarm. Thinking hard, she recognized the blocky lines as the thing called '6'. That meant that she was just supposed to make breakfast this morning. Nodding, she threw back her covers and rose to her feet. She shivered a little as her bare feet touched the wooden floor. Turning her head, she stared at the small folding table by the foot of bed.

Moving to it, she picked up the red short-sleeved shirt and the pair of blue jeans, quickly putting them on. Under the two articles of clothing were a pair of white socks that were stuck together that she quickly put on her feet. Done, she grabbed her brush from atop her wide, short dresser and began to untangle the knots from her hair. Then she opened her room door and stepped out into the kitchen.

In the kitchen, she quickly began getting to work on breakfast. She grabbed the folding footstool, placing it so that she could get down a measuring cup, a mixing bowl, a sauce pot, and a cookie sheet. Placing those on the counter, she grabbed a skillet and got down from the footstool. She then moved to the fridge, opening it up and finding the red and white tub that had the picture of biscuits on it. Placing that on the opposite counter, she grabbed the carton of eggs, butter tub, and gallon of milk.

She grabbed the footstool and carried it back into her room. On the right side were shelves with lots and lots of food. Placing down the stool, she used it to reach the fourth shelf, which had all of the gravy packs. She grabbed two of the tan colored ones, the ones she knew was the 'biscuits' gravy'. Looking around, she tried to figure if she wanted to get anything else. After a moment, she shook her head. As her feet touched the floor once more, she glanced at the red, glowing lines of her alarm. She still saw the '6' but there was also the '13' too. Frowning, she shook her head. Father normally woke up at the '6:30'.

"I have to hurry up," she whispered to herself. She turned and lifted the stool with one arm, the gravy packs in the other. Back in the kitchen, she started working on the gravy, getting the water hot. She then picked up the tube of biscuits and turned it around until she found the numbers. Staring at them, she read '350'. Turning the black knob at the front of the stove, she did so. Then she grabbed the timer out of the drawer and glanced back at the tube. '5', it said.

Nodding, she pressed the buttons until it said '05:00', then she hit the green button. Placing that on the counter, she grabbed the cookie sheet and started following the instructions Father had drilled into her. Father had explained to her how everything was made, how things were done. Nodding her head to herself, she continued making breakfast.