Weak

Noah's presence left me confused.He held such a confident swagger but under it I felt him crack.I don't know what I thought of Noah anymore.It broke my heart how after all this time he didn't text or call me.Then now he suddenly appears,as if nothing happend?What an emotional rollercoaster.

"Okay dear,now that that dreadful boy is gone.Lets get to your chemo.It will be over soon hon.All the doctors think that you're on your road to recovery!It might be a couple more times.Then you'll go back to school and worry about that dreadful boy more."

Katie's answer snapped me out of my thoughts.It took me some time to register what she said.Then a small feeling of hope started to blossom in my heart.I was going to leave my prison of sickness for once and for all!Freedom!!

Katie slowly led me out of the bed and  into the hallway outside.The regular smell of sterile products struck my nose.This smell always woke me up after the exhaustion I usually felt from all the sitting and mindless watching of the outside.My senses heightened as the machine beside me held a packet of liquid which supplies my bodily functions.

I'm a sponge,fluids enter me and fluids leave me.Either it's blood through my daily vitals exiting me,or its water filled with minerals entering me.And when I'm out of the fluid entering me,I turn dry and flaky.

As we reached the room the familiar scene faced me once more.A reclining medical chair stood in the corner,as a long pole with a packet of fluid similar to mine stood beside it.The word "chemotherapy" was written across the packet fluid reminding me of my miserable days.

Katie slowly sat me on the chair.Asking me constantly if I was fine.I always answered with a nod.For some reason the chemo always made me feel tired and weak.It always drained the small amount of energy I usually had.Leaving me empty and useless like my heart.She connected the packet of fluid to the IV tube located in the middle of the inside of my arm.The perfect place to find a vein.Or as the doctors say.

As the fluid started to enter my bloodstream I felt the regular burning sensation.For the first minutes I am always wincing and holding my breath waiting for the pain to pass.Then after that I usually go to sleep through the rest of the chemo time.Which is usually two hours.

"Do you want another blanket or more pillows sweetheart?"

I shook my head as my eyelids began to slowly drop.The scene in front of me began to blur as I slowly fell into sleep.
...................................................................

The nurse Katie's POV

The girl looked so peaceful,her face pale as her soft snoring filled the room.I could never imagine how her mother feels,watching her child sick and slowly dying like this.But thank god,this girl is getting better!I slowly closed the door behind me as I walked to her doctor's office to give him the latest vital signs.

Dr.Kendallville eyes were solemn as he looked up at me as I entered his small office.I felt like something was wrong but he didn't want me to know.It better not be something about Erica.I love that girl as if she was my daughter,if I could ever have children.

"Katie,I need you to sit down for a second what I'm about to tell you is something really important right now."

I sat down in a chair facing him.Watching him as he started to contemplate his decision of telling me what he was about to tell me.

"Are you close to the girl Erica Roberts?"

"Yes,she's like the daughter I've never had John.Why do you ask?"

"I think you shouldn't feel so emotionally attached to this girl.You never know when she could leave the world."

"Yes,but John,she's doing better!!All her vitals say so."

"Katie, her vitals said that a week ago, we ave just done a recent CAT scan yesterday and the results are not good. Not good at all."

I felt the color drain from my face as the prospect of the girl's fate filled my mind.

"You mean that this teenage girl could die and not recover like she used to?"

"Yes Katie, that's exactly whatI'm saying. Now we must amp up her chemo treatment to three times a week. If the treatment will not work with her then she will die in three weeks time."

"Three weeks!How could you say that so easily Dr.? Are you sure about this?"

"Sadly Katie, I am sure and I am right. I would tell the girl's poor mother about this. Let her arrange for Katie to have the best three weeks of her life."

Tears started to burn the corners of my eyes as I mulled over the action of revealing this terrible news to the girl's mother. I looked over to her,why was life so unfair to this child?

I walked over to the main resting area for the family and visitors of the patients,my heart beating fast as i thought of how to break the news in an unheart breaking way. The white walls faced me as I walked down the emplty corridor, my mind as blank as them.

Thank you so much for reading!I really appreciate it!You're awesome!!I will continue editing and writing!