Chapter Sixty-Six (Part 2)

Unedited

***

***

Chapter Sixty-Six (Part 2):

Nola's eyes felt as if they were going to pop out of their sockets. She was shocked to hear what her mother was saying, not knowing anything about her mother incident and being pregnant. She tried to reflect back to around the time her mother was talking about. Nola briefly remembered her aunt coming to stay for an extended amount of time. However, Nola could not recall why or what was happening. It was all soon before she met Mitch and Mitch shadowed everything in her mind, blurring many her memories in an attempt to forget what happened.

Katerine struggled to continue speaking, "When I found out, I realized it was time to tell your father, at least some parts for the time being. I could no longer rely on Suzanna, she had reached the point where she was getting angry at how shut off I had been. Suzanna was pissed off that I was not spending time with you and taking care of you like I should have. She did not understand the situation Ecuador I only said I was robbed at gun point. She did not understand the deep depression I was in. Not to mention, I could not hide it anymore. It was becoming too much for me to bare.

"To get your father to come home, I told him the same story about me being robbed. When he came home, Suzanna left for home thinking Seth would pick up the slack she had taken on. And he did but your father knew something more had happened. I had terrible nightmares and one night, after calming me down from one he asked what really happened.

"I was so grateful that he had waited a little while to ask and I could not hold it back any longer. I told him everything, finally divulging that one of them impregnated me." Katherine's hands formed into a fist as she fought back the anger she felt towards the men that attacked her.

Mr. B. rubbed circles on his wife's back.

"I don't believe in abortion and we talked about it . . . we were going to keep the baby and we were going to move to another state or even country. It was not safe and I could not stay there any longer, even though I had the locks changed."

Nola raised an eyebrow, "we never moved out of the state."

Her mother shook her head, "No, we didn't . . . I was going to tell you about the pregnancy but I wanted my sister, the only family I had left, to be there when I did. I called her up to stay the following weekend.

"She came in that Friday and that evening we were talking out on the back patio. Somehow, whether it be because she is a nurse or just had intuition, she could tell I was pregnant. I confessed after she asked if that was why I called her over to stay the weekend.

"Seth and I were going to take both you of you out for dinner Saturday and tell you two. I never let her know what really happened, letting her think it was your dad's.