Chapter Seven

Considering Katherine is now human and useless, it didn't take much convincing to let her go. Hopefully, she'll die or something so we won't have to see her again.

My hunger, however, has not gotten any better. Sipping on blood bags is nice but part of me craves for the fresh stuff.

Still, I'll settle for them for the sake of keeping the peace (and preventing a scolding).

So here I am, sitting on top of our cooler, sipping down a third blood bag as I awkwardly wait for Elena and Damon to stop being cuddly upstairs. The bastards got weird before I could come back upstairs with just the one bag.

Bright side: I get to devour three bags without shame, so I'm not complaining too much. And, I get to play on my phone.

    Unfortunately, my bliss is short-lived.

    "Good morning, frenemies!" Stefan's voice announces from upstairs. I perk up at the sound before sliding off the cooler. I toss my trash and I'm quick to make it up the stairs in time to see what's happening.

    Silas, I immediately note the second I see him. He waved his hands, making the three of us jump a little when the curtains fly open. I wince at the sunlight as Silas smiles.

    "Ah," he sighs before giving us a tight smile. "You know, I'm only a few hours into my old life as a witch, but somehow the sun feels warmer." Silas stands in the sun, sighing in peace as he basks in it. "Probably because I'm not cursed with having to outlive it anymore."

    "What's with the home invasion?" I chime. He doesn't look at me and instead continues to look out the window.

    "Well, Gabriella, after two thousand years of a miserable existence, I finally get to die."

    Right, I remember and the thought's almost startling, we're getting Bonnie back today.

    Thank God, I was worried today would be boring.

   I step further into the living room, involving myself further. He finally turns around to face us. "We all know that Tessa was a bitch. You two's doppelgänger, Amara, died at her hands. But today, after two thousand years, Amara and I will finally reunite."

    Wait, hold on.

    "Doppelgänger?" I repeat with furrowed brows. Elena nor Damon seem surprised. "His lost love's our doppelgänger? There's another one?"

    Elena sighs before cutting a look at Damon. "You didn't tell her?"

    "It's safe to say no one told Gabby anything," he retorts before cringing once he sees my glare. "Look, we can ignore this later, my girl is expecting a certain someone to hold up his end."

"Oh, you don't think I keep my promises?" Silas questions.

"You said that now you're a witch again, you would bring Bonnie back from the other side—" Elena tries to remind.

"—I did and I can—"

"—And you also promised Damon you would do that if he helped you."

"Yep."

"But...you're kind of evil," Elena deadpans before adding "No offense."

"None taken."

"So I'm just trying to figure out how I can trust that one of your last acts in this world will be to bring back my best friend."

"Did you want me to pinky swear?" Silas remarks, offering his pinky to us. Elena's glare doesn't soften.