Chapter 11 [Finale!]

Heart pounding, Katelyn paced down MyStreet until she reached the large two-story. She sucked in a breath before walking down the pathway and knocking quietly on the door.

Aaron answered. "Um... hello, Katelyn. Can I help you?"

"That's 'ma'am' to you, and yes, you can get Aphmau. I need to talk to her in private," Katelyn said, stiffening.

"Aphmau? I thought she just went to your house to talk to you," he responded.

"Me? Did she... did she say anything before?" Katelyn asked nervously.

Aaron shook his head. "Just that she had to go talk to you and Kawaii~Chan. She said she screwed up and she needed to talk. I would go over there and talk to her."

"Dammit..." Katelyn's voice trailed off. "Okay. Thanks or whatever."

Aaron laughed a little. "You're welcome."
««»»
Katelyn's feet pounded on the sidewalk as she raced to her house. When she finally arrived, she saw Aphmau on the porch, knocking impatiently at the door.

"Aphmau!" she called.

The raven-haired girl turned around. "Katelyn?!"

Katelyn rushed up to the doorstep and paused once the two were about a meter apart. "Look, I... I'm sorry. I'm sorry Aphmau."

Aphmau's amber eyes softened. She shook her head gently. "No. I should be the one sorry. I completely neglected you and Kawaii~Chan. I forgot about how you might feel about me spending more time with Aaron. I'm so sorry. Can you forgive me?"

Katelyn whistled. "Well..."

Aphmau gave her puppy-dog eyes.

"...maybe just this once," Katelyn said with a giggle.

"H~aha, yay~!" Aphmau cheered. She hugged the bluenette. Katelyn returned the gesture.

"So~," Aphmau began after they broke apart from the hug. "I've got a lot of catching up to do! Tell me about Travis," she finished as they walked inside. Aphmau turned on a show, but neither of them were watching.

"Nothing to tell," Katelyn said, blushing.

"Oh come on! I know my best friend more than that!" She thought for a moment. "If... if I guess it, will you say?"

Katelyn sighed. "Sure."

"Mm... did you... go on a date? Maybe with Nicole and Dante?"

Katelyn shook her head.

"Did he hold your hand?"

Katelyn shrugged.

"O~oh... you guys kissed, didn't you?" Aphmau's eyes were flashing with victory.

She looked away, blushing heavily.

"You did!" Aphmau pumped her fists in victory. "And you liked it!"

"T-that's a lie!" Katelyn protested quickly. "I-I just..." her voice fell to a whisper, "kissed him back."

"I know you liked it," Aphmau said with a smirk.

Katelyn smiled a little and averted eye contact. "So!" she exclaimed, desperate to change the subject, "How's Aaron?"

"Ah, he's good. Actually, we were planning on—wait! Was that to change the subject?"

"Answer the question~," Katelyn responded.

Aphmau rolled her eyes. "Well..."

"Is that Aphmau~Senpai~!" A cheerful voice exclaimed. Katelyn and Aphmau both turned quickly to see Kawaii~Chan standing at the top of the stairs, with a look of pure glee on her face.

"Kawaii~Chan!" Aphmau exclaimed. She rushed up the stairs and enveloped the Meif'wa girl in a hug.

"Kawaii~Chan and Aphmau~Senpai have s~o much catching up to do!" Kawaii~Chan exclaimed.

Katelyn gave a forced smile. "Ah, well, in that case..." She motioned towards the front door.

Aphmau smirked, knowing where she was headed. "Alright. Just be back by the evening." The raven-haired girl winked.

Katelyn mouthed a 'thank you' and stepped out of the house. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. The girl took stiff, slow steps across the street to the boys' house. She pushed a strand of hair behind her ear and straightened her posture before giving three knocks on the oak door. They echoed in her ears.

Laurance answered the door. His hair was messy, as though he'd just woken up. "Hello Katelyn," he murmured then yawned.

"Uh, hi Laurance. Did you just wake up?" Katelyn responded.

Laurance ran his fingers through his chestnut hair. "No comment. What can I do for you?" he asked, although it didn't sound like a question.

Katelyn's cheeks dusted pink. "Uh, can you get Travis? I need to speak to him... real quick."

Laurance's aquamarine eyes sparkled. "He's on the couch watching TV. Come on in." He opened the door for her fully. "Travis!" he called. "You've got a visitor~!"

Travis was sitting absentmindedly on the couch with nothing but his boxers on. He turned his head in an unimpressed manner before realizing it was Katelyn. She rocked back and forth on her heels, trying to sustain her blush.

The boy panicked suddenly. "Ah! H-hi Katelyn! I'm sorry, just gimme a few seconds!" He rushed down the hall before returning with a shirt on.

He smoothed down the wrinkles. "H-how can I help you?"

"Can I talk to you, um, alone?" She glanced around at Garroth, Laurance, and Dante, who were snickering quietly at various corners of the house.

Travis quickly caught her drift. "Oh! Of course." He led her out to the back porch and shut the door before motioning to the other boys to knock it off.

"Look..." Katelyn began once he'd focused on her. "I've been thinking lately."

"'Bout what?"

"Us," she said with a blush. "You know, with Aphmau, and everything... I dunno. Travis, you really, uh, helped me. So... thank you." She stared at the ground.

"Oh... you're welcome. Heh." Travis smiled.

"And," she continued, shutting her eyes tightly. "I think I like you."

"Oh~?" Travis asked. "You mean," he lowered his voice, "in that way?"

She nodded, blushing furiously.

"Well," he began, smiling. "That's very flattering, coming from my blueberry~!" He cupped her cheek and then pulled it slightly like a little kid. "I guess I like you too."

"Thanks."

"Well, then, after we confess, we kiss, then–"

Katelyn cut him off by catching him in a passionate kiss. She felt his surprise at first, but he melted into the kiss.

"Will that do?" Katelyn asked once they broke apart.

Travis smiled. "Yes~."

Hi readers! I hope you enjoyed this mini-fic! I may be doing a bonus chapter, but I'm not sure yet.

Be sure to keep up with my profile for more MCD fanfics~!

xxx,
vylad